Mission to empty purgatory

check out this cool site

mtep.com/

and also this one

missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

lets empty purgatory you guys or at least send some of the souls there to heaven…dont forget some of the souls in purgatory could be your family, friends, relatives, benfactors, neighbours, aquaintances, enemies ancestors, or even your favourite movie star or singer…they are relying on US to pray them out of there otherwise thay will have to serve their full purgatory and suffer more than we can imagine

St Gertrude’s prayer is powerful. I say it every day. If everyone said it once a day it would not take long to empty Purgatory.

"Eternal Father, I offer You the most Precious Blood of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ,

in union with the Masses said today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory,

for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church,

those in my own home and within my family.

Amen."

exactly!!!:thumbsup:

i don’t think people realise just how powerful with god the holy souls really are, how fast they can obtain favours for those who praay for them…i hope if i ever have to go there that people will remember to pray for me, imagine being stuck there for years in agony while you get cleansed while your lucky if anybody on earth remembers to bother to pray for you…
if you help them then you gain powerful prayer warriers and intercessors that will help you and pray and intercede for you every day of your life, and you’ll also gain friends for eternity who will wait eagerly to welcome you home to heaven:D

I agree!!:thumbsup: Lets get them out of there!!

I’ve been saying this prayer daily for years. I also pray daily the Heroic Act, pray for my Mom, my grandparents, relatives and neighbors who have died. Also for the most abandoned souls in purgatory. I also pray for the souls in purgatory in my daily rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are going to do this you should also pray for protection for yourselves. I found out by experience that the devil likes to harass me after I pray for the holy souls. Nothing supernatural occurred but it just seemed like having bad days, running into rude people and unlucky timing throughout the next day.

I simply ask the Lord and Mary to please protect me.

thats what happened to me the other day… i had a free day and thought id devote it to praying for the holy souls and no sooner had i thought it than ,my day was packed up till bedtime and i didnt get any prayers said…:mad:

i made the heroic act of charity years ago…i renew it from time to time:D

CW , you will definitely have lots of saints praying for you once they are out of purgatory…your devotion to them is so loving.

You are very encouraging, as I have never really prayed for those souls except during November when I was given that for penance. :frowning:

i think god gives everybody a devotion which they are to devote themselves to…i really feel that this is mine:signofcross:

i really love helping the holy souls in purgatory and i do love them and think of them as friends:grouphug:

if you want to pray for the holy souls then check out

missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

it tells you how to pray for them and favours that the holy souls are obtaining for those who help them by praying for them

Thanks for your reminder to pray for the souls in Purgatory. It’s easy to forget this.

I believe that we should, but I don’t understand why God would deliver souls from Purgatory, when they’re there to be purified for Heaven? Wouldn’t that mean they enter Heaven before their purification is complete?

No, because when we pray for the Holy Souls, we are essentially helping to pay off their debt that they owe to God. This shortens the time that they have to spend in Purgatory, because their debt decreases.

Remember, that the Holy Souls can not pray for themselves; they can only be prayed for, and this prayer (through the invocation of the Precious Blood that the LORD spilled to save Mankind) shortens the time that the souls spend in Purgatory. Once they are released, they enter Heaven and so become saints. They are eternally grateful for the prayers that helped them, and will pray unceasingly for those that they prayed for their release. One saint said something along the lines that if we were to know the favours gained through praying for the souls in Purgatory, they would not be so easily forgotten.

Thank you,
Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk

Thanks for your explanation. That’s really nice :slight_smile:

Do Saints and angels pray for the souls in purgatory? Also, can we offer up Jesus’ sacrifice for them? If we do, wouldn’t that mean purgatory would be emptied?

yes they can…but the prayers of the living are more efficacious because we have more to offer up in sufferings etc,

Thank you.

I woke up last night with a panic attack and offered that up. The thought that bad things can come to use makes things more bearable. I wonder if I helped anyone.

anything offered up to god for the holy souls no matter how big or small will be of some help…even if it didnt release a soul…maybe it gave some soul there relief in their sufferings and shortened their sentance there…whether it released or relieved a soul or souls…they will be eternally grateful to you for helping them get to heaven

Thanks for that. I wonder how much it would take to release a soul. Do you think the prayer/Novena that Christ gave to St. Faustina is enough?

There’s that prayer (can’t remember what it is) and there’s a group on here called ‘Let’s Empty Purgatory’. Apparently Jesus said that this prayer would release 1000 souls. Do you think that’s really true? It seems too easy.

yes i do think the divine mercy novena will releive and release lots…jesus gave that novena to st faustina for that purpose…i do believe the st gertrude prayer is genuine

heres what it says about it in the read me or rue book available to buy from www.tanbooks.com or you can read it online at holysouls.info/free-books/88?task=view

Our Lord showed St. Gertrude a vast number of souls leaving Purgatory and going to Heaven as a result of this prayer, which the Saint was accustomed to say frequently during the day.

missionbell.homestead.com/Afa…holysouls.html heres a great website about how to help the holy souls and how the holy souls are helping those who pray for them

we can never know exactly how many souls a prayer relieves or releases…some soulsnearest to heaven may need only 1 prayer…but i do believe the st gertrude prayer is powerful…it offers to god the precious blood of jesus and its in union with all the masses that will happen throughout the world on the day you say the prayer…the mass is the most powerful thing ever…its calvary re-enacted, jesus sacrifices himself for all…so to offer that prayer up for the holy souls is to offer up something precious and of great spiritual value …i myself recieve a huge favour through the holy souls today…i had a health scare and through their prayers and intercession they turned a situation that looked bad in to everything turning out ok…im very grateful to them…they are amazing

it was st john vianney…the cure of ars who said that

St John Vianney:
“If one knew what we may obtain from God by the intercession of the Poor Souls, they would not be so much abandoned. Let us pray a great deal for them, they will pray for us.” .

St. Theresa of Avila affirms that: “She always obtained the favours which she asked from God, through the intercession of the Poor Souls.”

Bump!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.