Mississippi becomes fourth US state to ban dismemberment abortions

Gov Phil Bryant has signed into law the Unborn Child Protection From Dismemberment Abortion Act

A new law in Mississippi will prohibit dismemberment abortions, effective on July 1.

“This law has the power to change how the public views the gruesome reality of abortion in the United States,” Carol Tobias, president of National Right to Life, said in a statement.

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/04/19/mississippi-becomes-fourth-us-state-to-ban-dismemberment-abortions/

This is a step in the right direction. Thank you, Gov. Bryant.

Thank you Mississippi! One more step forward!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tried to find a rundown of how reps voted but couldn’t find one. Has anyone come across anything?

Praise God.

Amen! :yup::clapping::bounce::):smiley:

I am glad that Mississippi has done this. The South has it right once again when it comes to life issues. God bless Dixieland.

This article states that abortions performed after 21 weeks total only one percent of all abortions. Is that number correct?

rewire.news/article/2009/06/02/lateterm-abortions-facts-stories-and-ways-help/

Praise The Lord.

I am very happy that this type of abortions are being banned. I wish that all abortions could be banned but unfortunately it would not stand up in our court system.

Here are links to all I found:

mississippitoday.org/2016/03/29/senate-bill-would-ban-dismemberment-abortions/

I did not see a roll call listing of votes.

It’s just over that. But how many is that in numbers not percentage terms? Is it tens of thousands of abortions?

Check out this “talking points” article on dismemberment abortion: nrlc.org/uploads/stateleg/DismembermentFAQJan15.pdf

Q: Aren’t dismemberment abortions rare?
A: NO. Dismemberment abortions are a common and brutal type of D&E abortion which
involves dismembering a living unborn child piece by piece.
According to the National Abortion Federation Abortion Training Textbook – “D&E remains the most prevalent method of second-trimester pregnancy termination in the USA, accounting for 96% of all second trimester abortions”.1
There are approximately 1 million abortions performed annually in this county.2 Data from the most recent CDC report published in November 2014 indicates that almost 9% percent of abortions are performed on these very developed babies.3 These two numbers taken together show that roughly 100,000 unborn babies die each year after the first trimester.

Every year approximately 100,000 unborn babies die from abortions after the first trimester and most of these are Dismemberment Abortions.

wvforlife.org/legislation/stop-dismemberment-abortion/

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.