Mississippi man who awoke in body bag dies two weeks later

By Dana Ford, CNN
updated 11:26 PM EDT, Thu March 13, 2014

http://www.katc.com/images/thumbnails/126BFFBC77D7657A45E36082248E72C1_787_442.jpg

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

[LIST]
*]“Every case I do is a learning experience,” says coroner
*] Walter Williams was first pronounced dead on February 26
*] He began breathing in the embalming room
*] “I think he’s gone this time,” Williams’ nephew tells CNN affiliate WAPT
[/LIST]

Source

This news story makes me think of this Scripture passage:

“He said to him, `If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced if some one should rise from the dead.’” - Luke 16:31

I just found out that this same verse was in today’s Mass gospel reading. And this guy died for the second time today after he had risen from the dead. I shared this news story on my Facebook page a couple of weeks ago when he first came back from the dead and then again today, and there have been zero responses. I think the reason why it seems like no one thinks it’s a big deal when a man rises from the dead is explained in today’s gospel reading.

Such an odd-but-true story.
Sure don’t see these “resurrections” every day.

And yet…I can’t help but chuckle at the nephew’s priceless line:
“I think he’s gone this time…”

They better make sure this time.

Wow!:eek:

May he Rest In peace.

In some states the coroner does not have to be a MD. That is part of the problem in cases like these. Can you imagine the terror of waking up in a body bag?

Worse than that is they were getting him ready for embalming. Since he died again only two weeks later, I believe that he was dead and came back. My wife’s grandmother’s sister came back from being dead in Mexico back in the 1940’s except that it happened at her funeral wake. She died again shortly after but not before describing what she had seen. She was 25 when she died.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.