Mississippi tea party leader's death possible suicide, police say

cnn.com/2014/06/27/politics/mississippi-tea-party-leader-dies/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Wow, this is messed up.

Eternal rest grant unto him and may perpetual light shine upon him.

Sad.

The comments are pretty horrifying. Some people don’t know when to stop with the politics.

I agree.

Mental illness is a terrible thing, a heavy cross to bear, and the effects of suicide are devastating to those left behind.

It almost seems like those in the ‘other’ party are celebrating.

I keep thinking about a verse in the Bible where after God’s 2 witnesses are murdered and their bodies laying in the street (because people refuse to bury them), there is a celebration of their death.

Not saying this guy is one of those witnesses, but the celebration of a person’s death is reprehensible.

God bless.

I feel sorry for his family and those who loved him.

Eternal rest grant unto Mr. Mayfield O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen. :signofcross:

I don’t know what gets into the political animal but this is distasteful beyond understanding. Only low lifes would do something like that.

Linus2nd

Eternal rest grant him O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul,
And the souls of all the faithful departed,
Through the mercy of God,
Rest in peace.
Amen.

Sad business all around. May he rest in peace.

ATB

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.