Mistaken for a Priest, 2nd posting

My Sunday routine is rather fixed. I get up around 10AM - 11AM. Aside from prayers, household chores, and taking care of the cats, I really don’t do much physical activity before going to the 4:15 PM mass. So I fast until mass is over.

My one and only Sunday meal is at the local Sizzler Steakhouse, where I arrive after 5 PM. Today, while waiting in line, this elderly Black Gentleman asked me if I was a Priest. He was a Protestant Minister in his Sunday best.

And I was in my penitential blues. Plain dark blue trousers, a somewhat lighter blue T-shirt. No rings, watches, or any kind of jewalry at all. Except for the large wooden San Damiano crucifix around my neck. I could indeed be a Priest in secular garb.

Anyway, we became friends and had our dinners together. We chatted about our activities. He was fascinated by the Confraternity of Penitents, of which I am a member in formation.

penitents.org

In turn, he currently works as a phone volunteer for Obama, and plans to start a Minister school next year. He approved of my AA work. We exchanged thoughts on putting our faith into action. All in all, a pleasent dinner conversation. Neither of us proslytized or preached to one another. We had a mutual respect for one another

@@@

Please please please…no comments on Politics, especially abortion. Please. Go to POLITICS: 2008 for that

@@@

O yes, I had my steak done “medium”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.