Mithras, Isis and Catholic Halos

Today I got into a conversation with one saying that an inscription in the Vatican states: “He who will not eat of my body nor drink of my blood so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved.” And said that this is inscribed on the remains of the temple the Vatican was built on, one dedicated to the God Mithras. Now I know alot about Mithras, but I’ve never heard this so she got me. I didn’t know what to say. Can anyone help?

"And that “Egyptian sun disks became the halo’s of the Catholic saints.”

“Picto grams of Isis nursing her miraculously concieved baby Horus became our modern blueprint for images of Mother Mary and Jesus.”

She claimed she learned this online at a site. Well, how should I counter?

Okay, first of all, those are words of Christ Jesus. Did the supposed God Mithras want you to eat of his body and drink of his blood in order to be saved? and saved from what?

Second of all, was the Vatican indeed built over a mithras temple?
If so, that still does not mean that those words were put on the stone while it was a mithras temple. They could have been written during or after the building of the Vatican.
I believe with all of my heart that God did not need to use a mythological image to use as blueprints for images of the Madonna and Christ Child.
As for the sun disks as the saints halo, I would say that people are grasping at anything to try to destroy the Church by discrediting Jesus.

To be sure, I don’t have the answers. I would, in all honesty, contact Father Pacwa or Father Groeschal on EWTN. Tell them why you want to know. If no one on here can point you in the right direction for the answers, I would definitely try them. However, you might try the Catholic Encyclopedia on line. I just haven’t used it…though so many others on this forum do…so I couldn’t tell you how to go about finding what you are looking for.

Do not let your faith be shaken…that is what it seems the object of the questions or comments brought about you were meant to do.

God bless you and yours

This is some of the a-C/anti-Christian propaganda used by some people. You can find some refutation at the following links. I hope they help.
Answering Chick Tracts

Is Catholicism Pagan?

Chapter & Verse (This Rock: March 2000)

Jesus and the Pagan Gods (This Rock: May-June 2006)

**Did the Catholic Church Have Its Origin in Paganism? (This Rock: May-June 2005)

thanks, interesting.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.