Mitt Romney gives Obama all F's

CBS video:
cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7410350n

• Mitt Romney sat down with Jan Crawford for his first interview since clinching the GOP nomination. He talks about President Obama’s foreign policy and economic records.

I give Obama an A for throwing parties in the White House and an A for playing golf.

Obama gets an “A” for promoting the culture of death. He’s doing an excellent job in supporting policies that are opposed to the dignity of life.

I think he deserves at least a C on foreign policy, and at least a D on the economy, and I'm unconvinced McCain or Romney would have done better.

Certainly Fs for respect for human life and rule of law, though.

An A for White House parties and golf is good, by the way. Who wants the President to have a nervous breakdown? He needs to have some down time, and golf or elite galas are ways to have a relaxing time and yet still accomplish something, by talking with the VIPs you've invited.

[quote="Aelred_Minor, post:4, topic:286488"]
I think he deserves at least a C on foreign policy, and at least a D on the economy, and I'm unconvinced McCain or Romney would have done better.

[/quote]

Agree.

Without a doubt.

An A for White House parties and golf is good, by the way. Who wants the President to have a nervous breakdown? He needs to have some down time, and golf or elite galas are ways to have a relaxing time and yet still accomplish something, by talking with the VIPs you've invited.

Reagan went to his California ranch, Bush II to his spread in Texas, and all of them had to entertain how many foreign dignitaries? I don't begrudge any President how he relaxes. A or at worst B+. :D

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:5, topic:286488"]
Reagan went to his California ranch, Bush II to his spread in Texas, and all of them had to entertain how many foreign dignitaries? I don't begrudge any President how he relaxes. A or at worst B+. :D

[/quote]

I give him an A for finding the time to play over 93 times. How annoying it must be that politics interupt his tee time.

Do you not play golf? 93 rounds over three years is nothing.

I guess he deserves an F because there is no lower grade! What a disgrace to the American Whitehouse! VOTE HIM OUT OF OFFICE!

Well, he's done pretty well in the promotion and funding of abortion, Planned Parenthood, and gay marriage, and placing restrictions on religious liberty. He might get an A from Planned Parenthood and NARAL, but I would have to give him an F for the same reasons.

[/quote]

What would it take for you to award an F for the economy, Greece part 2? Sheesh.

Romney and his supporters give Obama no credit for his accomplishments with respect to the economy, foreign affairs, etc. No surprise there.

I'd give Obama a B on the economy. By his leadership, we got past the crisis in the U.S. financial sector in 2009. He made the right decisions on balancing a short-term stimulus together with a long-term reduction in federal deficits, despite getting no support from Republicans in Congress. A larger stimulus and the "grand bargain" that was eventually rejected by Boehner would have had a greater impact, but both were impossible given the political gridlock in Washington. The economy improved and unemployment is reduced. The U.S. auto industry was saved and is performing well. The stock market tested its all-time highs, although the continuing crisis in Europe and a slowdown in China will likely impact stock prices substantially. I'm not willing to blame Obama for the economic disaster he inherited or the crisis in Europe and slowdown in China. There is no evidence whatsoever that reducing taxes, more dramatic short-term reductions in federal spending, a lower stimulus, and a failure to bail out U.S. automakers would have resulted in a better outcome. Economic experts tend agree with Obama's approach.

I'd give Obama an A on foreign policy. Withdrawing troops from Iraq and the announced exit from Afghanistan are the right approach. Drone attacks have decimated Al Qaeda's leadership. A gutsy order by Obama led to the death of Bin Laden. Obama took the right approach to Libya and the Arab Spring. He hasn't started any new wars (Iran, Syria) -- also the right decisions. He hired a great Secretary of State -- Hillary has performed very well. Again, I can't see that Romney or other Republicans would have done any better.

[quote="Alan55, post:11, topic:286488"]
Romney and his supporters give Obama no credit for his accomplishments with respect to the economy, foreign affairs, etc. No surprise there.

I'd give Obama a B on the economy. By his leadership, we got past the crisis in the U.S. financial sector in 2009. He made the right decisions on balancing a short-term stimulus together with a long-term reduction in federal deficits, despite getting no support from Republicans in Congress. A larger stimulus and the "grand bargain" that was eventually rejected by Boehner would have had a greater impact, but both were impossible given the political gridlock in Washington. The economy improved and unemployment is reduced. The U.S. auto industry was saved and is performing well. The stock market tested its all-time highs, although the continuing crisis in Europe and a slowdown in China will likely impact stock prices substantially. I'm not willing to blame Obama for the economic disaster he inherited or the crisis in Europe and slowdown in China. There is no evidence whatsoever that reducing taxes, more dramatic short-term reductions in federal spending, a lower stimulus, and a failure to bail out U.S. automakers would have resulted in a better outcome. Economic experts tend agree with Obama's approach.

I'd give Obama an A on foreign policy. Withdrawing troops from Iraq and the announced exit from Afghanistan are the right approach. Drone attacks have decimated Al Qaeda's leadership. A gutsy order by Obama led to the death of Bin Laden. Obama took the right approach to Libya and the Arab Spring. He hasn't started any new wars (Iran, Syria) -- also the right decisions. He hired a great Secretary of State -- Hillary has performed very well. Again, I can't see that Romney or other Republicans would have done any better.

[/quote]

Yes, he's been solid on the economy alright. If he gets a B, can we assume you gave every other preisdent an A, save for maybe Hoover and Carter? You are grading based on unprovable, indefensable statements. Liberals always defend this mess of a presidency with "it would have been much worse if he hadn't done what he did!"

How convenient. No arguing with that rock-solid logic. We'll just assume every time we have a disaster, that the President and Congress get at A, since things could have theoretically, unprovably, been much worse.

npr.org/2011/08/05/99136097/tracking-u-s-monthly-unemployment

http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/charts/gr-payrolls.png

http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/charts/gr-unemployment.png

[/quote]

I agree, but a D- on the economy.

Hard to disagree with the low economic grade given to President. The economic ideas tried of enormous government stimulus and more regulations have not worked.

And with todays jobs report, the economy grows even worse. With the direction we are going, I'm not surprised.

"May report: Economy created fewest jobs in a year"

michellemalkin.com/2012/06/01/may-jobs/

[quote="Roselle, post:14, topic:286488"]
Hard to disagree with the low economic grade given to President. The economic ideas tried of enormous government stimulus and more regulations have not worked.

And with todays jobs report, the economy grows even worse. With the direction we are going, I'm not surprised.

"May report: Economy created fewest jobs in a year"

[/quote]

All these Report Cards are personal opinions. You want to give him an F for this or that? Go ahead, but others might give him a B or B+ for the same thing. One expects the right-wingers to diss him and the lefties to be more generous with their assessments. :shrug:

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:15, topic:286488"]
All these Report Cards are personal opinions. You want to give him an F for this or that? Go ahead, but others might give him a B or B+ for the same thing. One expects the right-wingers to diss him and the liberals to be more generous with their assessments. :shrug:

[/quote]

What? :confused:

Those aren't official report cards? They aren't going to be on his permanent record? :p

[quote="rlg94086, post:16, topic:286488"]
What? :confused:

Those aren't official report cards? They aren't going to be on his permanent record? :p

[/quote]

Obama wouldn't release them if they were, anyway.

[quote="He_Man, post:17, topic:286488"]
Obama wouldn't release them if they were, anyway.

[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote="He_Man, post:12, topic:286488"]
Yes, he's been solid on the economy alright. If he gets a B, can we assume you gave every other preisdent an A, save for maybe Hoover and Carter? You are grading based on unprovable, indefensable statements. Liberals always defend this mess of a presidency with "it would have been much worse if he hadn't done what he did!"

How convenient. No arguing with that rock-solid logic. We'll just assume every time we have a disaster, that the President and Congress get at A, since things could have theoretically, unprovably, been much worse.

npr.org/2011/08/05/99136097/tracking-u-s-monthly-unemployment

http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/charts/gr-payrolls.png

http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/charts/gr-unemployment.png

[/quote]

Stop confusing people with facts!

I do give him an A in unicorn inspired art.

Obama is an unmitigated disaster. He gets an F in each and every subject.

He had a fillibuster majority in congress for two years that he squandered. So Nero is vilified for playing a fiddle while Rome burned, Obama messed around with Healthcare while the economy crumbled.

There is no doubt in my mind that our nation is in a much weaker position in the world today than it was 4 years ago. That Islamic states are being borm in Libya, Egypt and Syria. That our relationship with our staunchest ally Isreal is at an all time low. That Iran is developing neuclear weapons. That the relationship among citizens in the U.S.A. is more strained than ever due to the constant drum beat of class warfare. Let us not forget that he actually tried to get healthcare enacted without a vote of congress. That nearly all votes on healthcare occured late into the night on weekends. That now this healthcare fiasco is being used to force Catholic and Christian charities to either stop providing services or bend on their morals.

Obama was elected in the single most racist election that ever occured in this country. I pray that everyone wake up and that the truth prevails.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.