mmx's assertion that Jews corrupted Christianity

So again I ask you mmx… you never answered this on the original thread where you said Christianity’s doctrine has been corrupted by the Jews. Instead you went on some tangent about that Christianity came from paganism thing (despite that theory being at odds with your previous statement).

Here’s your chance to prove to everyone what an objective person you are by giving a straight answer here. Since the thread this was originally posted on was closed, I’m going to ask again here. I look forward to a real answer this time and not another attempted de-railing of the post.

Hi
I did not read all of mms’s assertion.
But one thing I am certain that St.Saul, a Jew, is the one who should be called the actual founder of Christianity and not Jesus Christ (pbuh).
So, the proper name of today’s Christianity should be Sualinity or Paulinity.
It was St. Saul who messed up the true teachings of Jesus Christ (pbuh).
There is no good reason to believe that his so-called vision on Damascus road was indeed from Jesus Christ (pbuh). It seems to me that his “vision” was brainchild of his mischievious mind.
He indeed was a self-proclaimed, so-called apostle and most likely a Roman Agent/spy and not a true follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh).

Was he a true follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh), he would have honor and protect his teachings by not changing/turning them into pagan-like polytheist philosophy.

So St.Saul’s sudden conversion after the ascention of Jesus Christ (pbuh), was to defeat the whole purpose of Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s Prophethood and his messege.

I suggest further unbiased research through Dead Sea Scrolls to figure out who actual he was and how to rescue “Christianity” from Saulinity.

[quote=True-Jesus]Hi
But one thing I am certain that St.Saul, a Jew, is the one who should be called the actual founder of Christianity and not Jesus Christ (pbuh).
There is no good reason to believe that his so-called vision on Damascus road was indeed from Jesus Christ (pbuh). It seems to me that his “vision” was brainchild of his mischievious mind.
He indeed was a self-proclaimed, so-called apostle and most likely a Roman Agent/spy and not a true follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh).

Was he a true follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh), he would have honor and protect his teachings by not changing/turning them into pagan-like polytheist philosophy.

So St.Saul’s sudden conversion after the ascention of Jesus Christ (pbuh), was to defeat the whole purpose of Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s Prophethood and his messege.

I suggest further unbiased research through Dead Sea Scrolls to figure out who actual he was and how to rescue “Christianity” from Saulinity.
[/quote]

Where is your proof? Your just making assumtions and giving your opinion. Who says that you are right about everything?

Secondly, IT WASN’T A VISION. Jesus ACTUALLY appeared to St. Paul. From there the rest IS absolute history. Paul actually claimed seeing Jesus. No vision actual presents.

Plus the only way that Christianity is pagan is if it is everything that YOU think it is. Obviously you do not know Christianity if you really think any of this that you are saying is true. I know the fruit of Christianity very well, there is no way you can convince me that it is not from God.

God Bless,

PS it’s St. Paul not St. Saul he changed his name.

Jesus is our Lord, he was a faithful Jew throughout his life.

Love,
Bob

Hi

True Jesus?

Peace be upon your messed up theories.

What about the other 11 Apostles who were martyred for their faith in Jesus Christ and believe him as LORD and GOD? Were they also “brainchild?”

Granting your theories are true, why would the early Christians have the courage to suffer martyrdom with all those tortures and eventually being killed ( but not fighting back with the sword)?

If not for their extra-ordinary strength which comes only from the Holy Spirit, they will not do it. There is a huge difference (an exact opposite) with muslims understanding of “marytrdom” that from the Christians. Muslims wanted to kill and maim “infidels” (including former muslims who converted to Christianity) and blow themselves up for the sake of “martyrdom.” Guess where this kind of martyrdom come from? Take time to ponder.

Pio

God Bless,

PS it’s St. Paul not St. Saul he changed his name.

It only shows how ignorant this fellow is about Saul of Tarsus and his life.

Pio

[quote=True-Jesus]Hi
[/quote]

I’m not falling for that… nice try. If you want to spread more conspiracy bunk, go start another thread. This one is for mmx to reply.

Still waiting on that.

Saul was present at the stoning to death of St. Stephen (the first Christian martyer). In these times the Jewish law permitted stoning to death for blasphemy, and Saul approved of the killing of him. Therefore, how could Paul have created Christianity if the first Christian martyer in history is recorded to be St Stephen (check any history source)?

Also, if the Bible is so-called distorted then back up your statement with evidence; which parts of it are distorted, and why? It’s funny how this question practically never gets answered…

[quote=True-Jesus] There is no good reason to believe that his so-called vision on Damascus road was indeed from Jesus Christ (pbuh). It seems to me that his “vision” was brainchild of his mischievious mind.
He indeed was a self-proclaimed, so-called apostle and most likely a Roman Agent/spy and not a true follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh).So St.Saul’s sudden conversion after the ascention of Jesus Christ (pbuh), was to defeat the whole purpose of Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s Prophethood and his messege.
[/quote]

Saul hated and persecuted Christians, and even approved of stoning them to death. He strictly followed the Jewish law of his time. After he claimed that Jesus appeared to him, he converted to Christianity, preached in Greece, performed miracles (such as healing other people by touching the cloth), preached about Jesus and blessed many people. Finally, and I’m not sure if many of you knew this, Paul was beheaded 65 ad at Rome, Italy for his beliefs. Mere coincidence? I think not. Something EXTRAORDINARY had to have occured in order to change this man’s life around, and I’m pretty sure it must have been something out of the ordinary (when Jesus appeared to him, of course).

My source; catholic-forum.com/saints/saintp12.htm

[quote=True-Jesus] Was he a true follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh), he would have honor and protect his teachings by not changing/turning them into pagan-like polytheist philosophy.
[/quote]

It is unintelligent, especially for you, to claim that Christianity is polytheism after how thouroughly the Trinity has been explained in other threads. Also, where’s the proof of this? Surely, God is not the source for your information because God does not directly deny historical events, and there is no logic that God would wait 600 years to reveal that Jesus was only a prophet.

[quote=True-Jesus]I suggest further unbiased research through Dead Sea Scrolls to figure out who actual he was and how to rescue “Christianity” from Saulinity.
[/quote]

No thanks, because the Holy Spirit has revealed to us already which books contain the Truth. As a Muslim, do you believe the Dead Dea Scrolls are a reliable source for your arguments? You may as well believe in the Gnostic “gospels” or the Egyptian Book of the Dead for that matter.

To All:

Ofcourse I do know, self-proclaimed, self appointed so-called “Saint” Saul changed his name to Paul. Why did he do that? You need to think! Because in order to save Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s true messege from this mischievious, early persecutor of innocent true followers of Jesus Christ (pbuh), you have to scrutinize his every deed within context.

It is strange and indeed a tradegy that people who called themselves followers of Christ (Christians), care less about Jesus’ words and follow blindly a self-proclaimed, self appointed so-called “Saint” Saul, who never met Jesus Christ (pbuh) in his earthly life, and who was an enemy/persecutor of Jesus’s messege and his true-followers.

What guarentee you have that this so-called “saint” in fact saw Jesus Christ (pbuh) whether in vision or from his physical eyes? How come people who were with him did not/could not see Jesus Christ (pbuh) while on Damascus road? Why there are conflicting reports about this so-called “appearance” or “vision” of Jesus Christ (pbuh) of Saul?

PMW said:
“Also, if the Bible is so-called distorted then back up your statement with evidence; which parts of it are distorted, and why? It’s funny how this question practically never gets answered…”

I think here by saying Bible, you meant NT part/books of St. Saul and not OT+NT=Bible.

Any way I will show you few things first, for you to take a look how self-proclaimed, self appointed so-called Saint Saul (a.k.a Paul) changed True Teachings, in the next post.

[quote=True-Jesus]Hi

[/quote]

It is John that says “the Father, The Son, and The Spirit are all one”. John also said that everything that was made was made through The Word(The Son) which became flesh. It is John that records the statement by Jesus that says “Before Abraham was, I AM”. That is a title of God from the old testament. So I ask, how was it Paul, if the other Apostles called Christ God?

Further, Ignatius, who was the disciple of John called Christ God. Even disciples of apostles who did not have a relationship with Paul believed Christ to be God.

One more thing by John, John said, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Later in the same chapter he says “and the Word was made flesh”.

Also the author of Hebrews, who is generally not understood to be Paul, mentions that Christ was in the beginning and created the heavens.[Hebrews1]

[quote=True-Jesus]To All:

Ofcourse I do know, self-proclaimed, self appointed so-called “Saint” Saul changed his name to Paul. Why did he do that? You need to think! Because in order to save Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s true messege from this mischievious, early persecutor of innocent true followers of Jesus Christ (pbuh), you have to scrutinize his every deed within context.

[/quote]

If your point is that Paul had some alterior motive in using the Romanized version of his name, I should point out that Jesus’ hebrew name was probably Yeshua not Jesus. I would imagine that Saul went by Paul for the same reason’s that a Michael who traveled to Mexico might use Miguel. It is more familiar to the people that you are working with.

I would also like to say that I have sadly heard some religious shows on history claiming that Paul changed Jesus’ message. Of course, I know that this isn’t true, but it might be the source of True Jesus(Don’t like that name) confusion.

True-Jesus,

Who do you think you’re kidding? We’ve all heard this same garbage before, including me. And it sounds even more pathetic every time I hear it. You’re still not gonna succeed in derailing this post’s original question, but thanks for the bump in any case.

**mmx, I’m still waiting…

Jimmy said:

"One more thing by John, John said, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Later in the same chapter he says “and the Word was made flesh”.

Jimmy the above translation in English is wrong and misleading. If you refer to the Greek portion of this verse, you will find out the deception that is deliberately commited by the English translators to justify the false claim of Jesus being “God”.

If you know someone who knows Greek/can read Greek, ask him to provide you the transliteration of this verse. There you will see those Gods ( God & God ) are not twins.

First off, pardon my ignorance, but what does “pbuh” mean in parentheses after “Jesus Christ.”

Second of all, St. Paul’s writings are totally consistent with the rest of the Bible.

[quote=True-Jesus]Jimmy said:

"One more thing by John, John said, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Later in the same chapter he says “and the Word was made flesh”.

Jimmy the above translation in English is wrong and misleading. If you refer to the Greek portion of this verse, you will find out the deception that is deliberately commited by the English translators to justify the false claim of Jesus being “God”.

If you know someone who knows Greek/can read Greek, ask him to provide you the transliteration of this verse. There you will see those Gods ( God & God ) are not twins.
[/quote]

Actually I have read the Greek and it is quite accurate. I know how to read the Greek. It is funny that the Greek fathers, who by the way, knew the Greek language, considered this a true statement of Christs divinity. They believed it meant exactly what we claim it to mean. Read St. John Chrysostoms homilies and you will see what I mean.

[quote=Genesis315]First off, pardon my ignorance, but what does “pbuh” mean in parentheses after “Jesus Christ.”

Second of all, St. Paul’s writings are totally consistent with the rest of the Bible.
[/quote]

Muslims say “peace be upon him” when they mention Christ’s name.

Genesis315:

1. pbuh = Peace Be Upon Him

2. Sorry Paul’s (Saul’s) teachings are not consistent with at least Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s true teachings.

Thanks for you curiosity.

[quote=True-Jesus]Genesis315:
2. Sorry Paul’s (Saul’s) teachings are not consistent with at least Jesus Christ (pbuh)'s true teachings.
[/quote]

What are His true teachings then? Where are they found? How do you know them and no one else does? (if you have a link that supports your position, that would be fine).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.