MN couple holding online vote whether to abort child!

Can you believe this? A Minneapolis couple set up a website for the general public to vote as to whether they should abort their unborn child! Sickening that we've come so far as to set up websites where people can vote whether to kill children. Here's the website...vote to save that life!

birthornot.com/

[quote="mwncheesehead, post:1, topic:220165"]
A Minneapolis couple set up a website for the general public to vote as to whether they should abort their unborn child!

[/quote]

These people must be brain-dead!

Its the product of our throw away, no consequences society. If the child lives I hope its taken away from them. People like that shouldn't be parents at all. Can you imagine someday when this child looks back and might find this blog to find out his/her parents wanted society to determine wheter he/she lived or died?
I wish there was some way to report it because its wrong on so many levels.

With all of the ultrasound scans they've posted, I don't see how they could really kill the baby, if "Abort" wins (which it currently is not). People who go to lengths like this (photos, nicknaming the baby, talking about in-utero development) don't seem like the type to kill a baby. Maybe it's just a publicity thing? Like they're trying to make a point? (What point, exactly, I don't know...)

Please tell me this is just a sick hoax.

I have to say, this makes me a little embarrassed to be a Minnesotan...

Havard, they say it's not a hoax; but you never know for sure. I would error on it being true and offer a prayer or two for the little one and his pathetic misguided parents.

I voted...of course to save the child. But now I feel sick - manipulated into involving myself in some sick and twisted social experiment conducted by a very, very sick couple. Who are they "testing"? Who is their "subject?" Their baby, or us, the "audience?" I wonder, does this couple feel powerful? They must feel gratified in their disturbed minds to be able to wield this level of "power." And then they try to drag other people into their twisted mind-games by asking us to vote.

But do we, really have the ability to save this baby's life? I dunno...according to them we do, if they choose to follow the poll. Ultimately only they can choose - and they can choose to ignore the results as well. I believe it would have been ideal had NO ONE ever voted. Then the onus would be on them rather them allowing them to skirt the responsibility of having to make such a grave decision. But unfortunately that wasn't the case. People already had. I don't want to be a willing participant in this kind of disturbed way of thinking - whether or not to commit murder essentially, but I was.

I believe this may have been the lowest of the low of things I've ever seen on the web. And that's saying a lot.

I'm having trouble believing that the site is legit. If you click on the "About Pete & Aisha" link on the top, it says toward the bottom of the resulting page:

Their [sic]:
Met at her school during their sophomore year, engaged 3 mos. later
Unplanned, unsuccessful pregnancy at age 20 while taking “The Pill”
Married in a traditional ceremony at 21
Bought first home in small suburb in ‘02
Moved to second home in larger suburb 2 yrs later
Brought home first cat in summer ‘05
Brought home 2nd cat in summer ‘08
First planned pregnancy ended in miscarriage in Jan. ’10 at 16 wks
Second planned pregnancy ended in miscarriage in Apr. ’10 at 5 wks

(bolding mine)

I find it incredibly hard to believe that a college educated, married couple with property in the suburbs who has experienced two miscarriages from **planned* pregnancies within the last year* would ever actually consider abortion.

Also, the information discovered by Ministry of Truth is quite damning. Despite how we might feel about the political/religious sentiments of the Ministry of Truth's author, facts are facts and a site host who runs a global warming skeptics' site as well as this Birth or Not site informs me that the owner likely falls on the right side of the political spectrum and has started this site to invent a seemingly pro-choice scandal.

I too call shenanigans!

[quote="mwncheesehead, post:7, topic:220165"]
Havard, they say it's not a hoax; but you never know for sure. I would error on it being true and offer a prayer or two for the little one and his pathetic misguided parents.

[/quote]

Good advice I think. Even if we come to find out this is a hoax, it never hurts to pray for hoaxers sick enough to joke about life and death.

Unfortunately this is NOT a hoax:

startribune.com/lifestyle/health/109090084.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O%3ADW3ckUiD3aPc%3A_Yyc%3AaULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUsT

I can't imagine what is must be like to do this and live in Apple Valley. I wouldn't be able to show my face at Wal-mart or Best Buy!!

Referencing the article:

"We wanted to give people a chance to voice their opinions in a real situation where it makes a difference," said Alisha Arnold, 30, of Apple Valley.

Really!?!?! I have lots of opportunities to "voice my opinion" and "make a difference." I certainly don't need their permission to do it. If they want to conduct an experiment *they should use a *willing participant - not a hostage, their unborn child. Absolutely unbelievable.

These people need serious help. They're so lost they don't even realize how far they're gone.

[quote="spunjalebi, post:11, topic:220165"]
Unfortunately this is NOT a hoax:

startribune.com/lifestyle/health/109090084.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O%3ADW3ckUiD3aPc%3A_Yyc%3AaULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUsT

I can't imagine what is must be like to do this and live in Apple Valley. I wouldn't be able to show my face at Wal-mart or Best Buy!!

[/quote]

I don't see how this shows that Mr & Ms. Arnold are not pulling a fast one on us.

My concern still stands: I don't see a couple who has gone through three miscarriages, two of which followed planned pregnancies and occurred this very year, seriously considering abortion.

I wonder if they want money and/or stuff to support the baby. A few years ago a woman posted her credit card debt and asked people to make donations to reduce it. She actually got them. I wonder if this is like that but what will happen is the vote will be for birth and then they will use the publicity to say that they could use some financial or other help.

To say I am shocked by this is an understatement. This is just plain sad. Letting society decide on whether or not a child should live is appaling to say the least. I am heart sick over this and ashamed that these people are allowed to do this.

I was shocked when I first heard about it this morning on EWTN's The Son Rise Morning Show. I voted to save the baby's life, but like many of you, I feel this is the devil's work/game and that we're being sucked into it. It's a double edge sword... I want to vote to save the life but at the same time, I don't want to give the couple the satification they are looking for: undeserved attention.

I'm offering my prayers to both the couple and their unborn child....

[quote="Havard, post:5, topic:220165"]
Please tell me this is just a sick hoax.

[/quote]

I guess it means on how you define "hoax." Of course we will never know what the couple's true intentions are, however they are a very** real** couple and they are really expecting a baby and they really live in Apple Valley,MN. They have been on local television and in the newspaper so this is not just some teenagers or hackers making the whole thing up.

Prayers, prayers and more prayers for these poor misguided souls and prayers for that sweet innocent boy that God has sent to them.

I am absolutely sickened by this.

I voted for them to keep the baby. Its absolutely pathetic that they are hanging this innocent baby's life by a thread.

Maybe we should turn the poll into "Should these "parents" be locked up and then have a sanity test as well?

I just checked the stats and apparently more people have voted for an abortion:(

I feel so manipulated!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.