MN couple holding online vote whether to abort child!

There’s been a lot of write ups about this recently and a lot of digging into Pete Arnold’s past. He’s worked for or been quoted in several conservative organizations that have a very pro-life stance. In July of 2006 he edited the dKosopedia – a political encyclopedia online – “pro-choice” entry to read:

The term “pro-choice” is used by men and women who support a woman’s right to kill an unborn child. The term means that a woman has the right to determine whether or not she will be pregnant by killing a baby that has already been conceived. Also Referred to as Pro Abortion.
dkosopedia.com/w/index.php?title=Pro-choice&oldid=69009

I’m calling shenanigans. They may be a real couple with a real pregnancy, but he’s not the pro-choice libertarian he says he is. I think the poll is a stunt to paint pro-choicers as bloodthirsty. I also think a lot of the abortion votes are not so much from people who are pro-choice as they are from people who are trying to skew the poll on purpose. Sort of like when Facebook campaigns to vote for Sanjaya - they aren't trying to "win" so much as they are trying to illustrate that the idea of having a poll is ridiculous. I'm not saying that's a great strategy, but I think that's part of what happened.

[quote="Monicad, post:17, topic:220165"]
I guess it means on how you define "hoax." Of course we will never know what the couple's true intentions are, however they are a very** real** couple and they are really expecting a baby and they really live in Apple Valley,MN. They have been on local television and in the newspaper so this is not just some teenagers or hackers making the whole thing up.

Prayers, prayers and more prayers for these poor misguided souls and prayers for that sweet innocent boy that God has sent to them.

[/quote]

Again,very good advice!.

Real couple. Check!
Real baby. Check!
Really considering abortion? maybe.

All we know is that a real human life is at stake and maybe or maybe not the parents are considering murdering him or her.

We have the difficult endeavor of simultaneously doing all we can to ensure that baby has a chance at life, while making it known that if this were a hoax, it's sick and not worthy of attention (yet advocating for its life is attention in of itself). It is indeed a double edged sword.

Thankfully, last I saw, the advocates for birth outnumbered the advocates for abortion by a nearly 5:1 ratio.

Currently, the vote for life is much higher than the vote for death: 78% - 22%. Assuming everything they say on the site is true, this woman could abort her child up to Dec. 9th in Minnesota.

Notwithout: interesting find on Pete Arnold's past!

Its quite sad that they are letting the public choose their personal matters.

[quote="BlueShadow123, post:24, topic:220165"]
Its quite sad that they are letting the public choose their personal matters.

[/quote]

Looks like this was/is a publicity stunt.

lifenews.com/2010/11/19/state-5681/

However, as terrible as this is if true, imagine how many abortions there would be if everyone voted this way.

Around 75% are Pro Life in the voting so far.

You can see the details here I thought it was worth reporting to help bring the Pro Life stuff to the surface. You can see how loving a community this is if you follow the abortion thread of this week, where many have tried and appears succesful to persuade a visitor here not to abort her child.

[quote="Onedayatatime, post:25, topic:220165"]
Looks like this was/is a publicity stunt.

lifenews.com/2010/11/19/state-5681/

However, as terrible as this is if true, imagine how many abortions there would be if everyone voted this way.

Around 75% are Pro Life in the voting so far.

You can see the details here I thought it was worth reporting to help bring the Pro Life stuff to the surface. You can see how loving a community this is if you follow the abortion thread of this week, where many have tried and appears succesful to persuade a visitor here not to abort her child.

[/quote]

Yeah. Looks like 80% said to keep the baby. Thats good. Alot better than I expected, actually. :thumbsup:

This is so sick and disgusting. I honestly wish we could call the police on them and say that these people are endangering their unborn child--- they should honestly go to jail and the baby be taken away.

So sick...
So sad...
So pathetic...

I don't care if this is hoax or not: it is DISGUSTING. Even if it was a hoax and just a pro-life "scheme" its still so very wrong.

I'm disgusted to even live in the same nation as these two. And I see myself as a very loving person, but this just breaks my heart (and stomach).

:mad:

This is very unfortunate and hurts the pro-life movement. Pro-choicers will use this as great evidence as to the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the pro-life movement. It is a shame this happened. There are too many people that are seeking attention. This is wrong and should be condemned.

[quote="Angelic_Rose, post:27, topic:220165"]
This is so sick and disgusting. I honestly wish we could call the police on them and say that these people are endangering their unborn child--- they should honestly go to jail and the baby be taken away.

So sick...
So sad...
So pathetic...

I don't care if this is hoax or not: it is DISGUSTING. Even if it was a hoax and just a pro-life "scheme" its still so very wrong.

I'm disgusted to even live in the same nation as these two. And I see myself as a very loving person, but this just breaks my heart (and stomach).

:mad:

[/quote]

It turned out to be fake.

[quote="BlueShadow123, post:29, topic:220165"]
It turned out to be fake.

[/quote]

How do you know it's fake? If so...relief, though as some pointed out, it's still a disgusting, low down way to get attention.

[quote="mwncheesehead, post:30, topic:220165"]
How do you know it's fake? If so...relief, though as some pointed out, it's still a disgusting, low down way to get attention.

[/quote]

Uhm, the guy up above posted a link, I suggest you check it out.

closed #32

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.