Mocha Frappuccino with whipped cream on top

Is this a fruity drink for a guy? I got one this morning - sipping it as I type this - because I needed the sugar and caffeine for a long day ahead (moving day). I get it only once in a blue moon, but every time I do get it, I can't help but feel that this is too fruity for a guy. What say you?

Would lemonade be considered any better?
Apple juice?
Orange juice?
Milk from a dirty glass?
:confused:

I have no idea what girly-guy rules are these days (I still have reservations about earrings) but if it bothers you, either slurp off the whipped cream or stir it into the coffee quickly. If anybody gives you a hard time just yell “hey, it’s European”

I laughed when I saw this because while I know what you meant, I was imagining some drink with a slice of lemon or lime and a little parasol sticking out.

So I asked my husband and he thought such drinks were "preppy" or "yuppie". (I think he's dating himself because who uses those terms now days?) But he made his point. And I tend to agree that you are describing a drink that you don't expect to see construction workers drinking. More likely office workers, health care workers, and educators.

...and you are making me really thirsty for such a drink.

there is not much open today and we planned to eat out but my favorite place is off limits because DD says it is girlie, because the one day we stopped in he saw a table full of ladies wearing hats.

The Red Hat Society?
Ooh, scary!
:slight_smile:

The whipped cream kind of puts you on the other side of the fence...sorry....

All in jest, BT.

what no its just a drink:thumbsup:

My Big Brother has some advice for you.

Never order when not in Military Uniform...preferably with Master Sergent Stripes or above.

Make direct eye contact when placing order and curl upper lip

When ordering growl out the order...Grrrrrrrr...I'll have.......

If whipped creme gets on your upper lip ...shave it off with bayonet

:)

heres the more important question… WHO REALLY CARES???

serously who cares what you drink, i dont. if i see you on the street with one, heres what i think… hmm that guy has a frappuchino, i should get one, (or if im not in the frappichnio mood) i think nothing of it:p

The most I would think is, "Wow... I want one!"

Seriously, who are you worried about judging you? Other guys? Girls?

Personally, I think it's much more attractive if a guy just drinks what he *likes *and doesn't care what other people think.

[quote="SMHW, post:4, topic:200189"]
I laughed when I saw this because while I know what you meant, I was imagining some drink with a slice of lemon or lime and a little parasol sticking out.

So I asked my husband and he thought such drinks were "preppy" or "yuppie". (I think he's dating himself because who uses those terms now days?) But he made his point. And I tend to agree that you are describing a drink that you don't expect to see construction workers drinking. More likely office workers, health care workers, and educators.

...and you are making me really thirsty for such a drink.

[/quote]

I believe the term "metrosexual" is used today. The term applies to guys who have their chests waxed, get manicures, use skin care product lines, get highlights in their hair, etc, things men two generations ago would likely never consider doing.

As to the topic at hand, I do not consider this a froo-froo drink, so have at it, I say. And, OP, even if you wanted to have a froo-froo drink with little umbrella and citrus slice and all, what is the problem? Drink what you like..

To be honest, I've never seen a girl order it, at least not on a date. Hmm, I don't know how that reflects on me. Oh well, if I'm gonna get a mocha frappuccino with whipped cream on top, by Golly, I'm gonna get it!

[quote="BadTurkey, post:13, topic:200189"]
To be honest, I've never seen a girl order it, at least not on a date. Hmm, I don't know how that reflects on me. Oh well, if I'm gonna get a mocha frappuccino with whipped cream on top, by Golly, I'm gonna get it!

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote="kristacecilia, post:11, topic:200189"]
The most I would think is, "Wow... I want one!"

Seriously, who are you worried about judging you? Other guys? Girls?

Personally, I think it's much more attractive if a guy just drinks what he *likes *and doesn't care what other people think.

[/quote]

Ditto :D

Just tell the Barrista that it’s for your wife (or girl friend, mother, whatever works). And walk away so said barrista does not witness you enjoying it.

OR: When the “Mocha frappuccino w/whipped cream” is handed to you, act surprised :eek: and tell the barrista that you really just wanted a cup of coffee, and you were only kidding when you ordered it; but since he already made it, you’ll accept the “sissy concoction” and walk away mumbling to others “I asked for a cup of coffee, and THIS is what I get…” :wink: :smiley:

Frankly, I have trouble going to the “new age” coffee shops; I can’t get a cup of coffee! And after I ask the barrista for “just a cup of coffee, black, no sugar” they ask what size cup I want. I say “small” and they give me a cup marked “tall”… http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/Duhh.gif

Wanted: Coffee. Black. Strong enough to float a horseshoe. Now!

Didn’t a “Coffee shop” also used to sell doughnuts? And have little tables where you could sit down, dunk your doughnut, sip your coffee and read the morning paper? And a friendly waitress who got to know you after a couple of visits, and would stop and flirt and refill your cup while she did?

Where am I? How did I get here? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/thinking.gif

What a bizarre question…

If you’re feeling self-conscious about it, I guess you could always slip the cup with the drink into a non-transparent cup from McDonald’s or some other joint.

Well, if you HAVE to have whipped cream on it, you'll have to deal with whatever fallout you think will come from it....

My husband loves a French Vanilla latte cappuccino (or something like that) but since he doesn't like whipped cream, only the barista (and I) know what's in that cup...

Myself, when I go to Starbucks, I get the vanilla bean frappuccino, sans whipped cream. I think their whipped cream tastes weird anyway.

RELATED STORY: I had one of the guys at work come up and ask me a "personal" question... seems he'd finally gotten up the nerve to ask one of the girls at work out for a drink... and he was wondering if it would be a turn-off if he ordered a margarita--his favorite drink--or would that be considered too girly? Personally, I've never been so shallow as to judge a man by what he drinks, but I guess nowadays margaritas are considered a "girls' night out" drink, along with anything mango flavored.... I told him to be himself and order whatever he wants... but if she orders whiskey shots, he should probably consider the relationship doomed unless she has a great sense of humor!

This is all so very, very wrong.

Have you people no shame?

kimmilittle, my son, the exmarinewould have offered a similar answer. very funny

and i have no shame, so i'll say this badturkey: i support your drink of choice. and i'll even sit with you while you drink it if you order one for me!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.