Modern Pro Life vs Right to choose question

I’ve been watching the Sen. Barbara Boxer vs Carly Fiorina debate for California Senator, and one thing escapes me.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, when asked about Roe vs. Wade, stated that without “A woman’s right to choose” our society would digress to the point where women would die from illegal abortions, as in the past.

What bugs me about this, and I must say that I come from a feminist Protestant background, is that in her statement, she is implying that only one person is dying in the “back street abortions.” When in fact, and in reality, 2 people, both the mother AND child are dying, in these “back street abortions” of the past.

How can people not see this simple fact? That, in actuality, 2 human lives are lost in that type of illegal/historical procedure.

In addition it is a fraudulent claim.

** CONFESSION OF AN EX-ABORTIONIST**

**                                                       By Dr. Bernard Nathanson**

Why Can’t We Love Them Both?

[quote="lufty, post:1, topic:211223"]
I've been watching the Sen. Barbara Boxer vs Carly Fiorina debate for California Senator, and one thing escapes me.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, when asked about Roe vs. Wade, stated that without "A woman's right to choose" our society would digress to the point where women would die from illegal abortions, as in the past.

What bugs me about this, and I must say that I come from a feminist Protestant background, is that in her statement, she is implying that only one person is dying in the "back street abortions." When in fact, and in reality, 2 people, both the mother AND child are dying, in these "back street abortions" of the past.

How can people not see this simple fact? That, in actuality, 2 human lives are lost in that type of illegal/historical procedure.

[/quote]

Barbara Boxer lacks integrity. She failed to mention that many women die today in "legalized" abortions, too! And, MANY more abortions are procured now that it's "legal" as opposed to when it was illegal. Therefore, it's not unrealistic to expect more women (gross number) die from "legalized" abortion than did from illegal abortions before.

It’s because the pro-abortion side has a different take on when human life begins. Of course the “woman’s right to choose” crumbles under the simple question: just when did the woman gain this right to her own body?

The whole "10,000 women a year would die from unsafe abortions" argument has been confessed by pro-choicers as false information to get Roe v. Wade to pass back in '73.

[quote="JackVk, post:6, topic:211223"]
The whole "10,000 women a year would die from unsafe abortions" argument has been confessed by pro-choicers as false information to get Roe v. Wade to pass back in '73.

[/quote]

Jack, all we need to do is remember who is behind all this "legalized" abortion stuff. Satan, who Jesus said was a liar from the beginning, and a murderer. This is right up his alley. The whole Roe vs. Wade stuff was based on lies. The attorneys who pushed this got Roe to make up a story about being raped by blacks, which never really happened. She went out to a bar one Saturday night, got drunk, and got pregnant through a one night stand. Lies and murder.

The moral demise of a nation always precedes its ultimate demise. And an immoral people are always easier to enslave than a moral people. That's why the Communists always got rid of morals in the countries where they took over, as a first line of business.

[quote="lufty, post:1, topic:211223"]
I've been watching the Sen. Barbara Boxer vs Carly Fiorina debate for California Senator, and one thing escapes me.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, when asked about Roe vs. Wade, stated that without "A woman's right to choose" our society would digress to the point where women would die from illegal abortions, as in the past.

What bugs me about this, and I must say that I come from a feminist Protestant background, is that in her statement, she is implying that only one person is dying in the "back street abortions." When in fact, and in reality, 2 people, both the mother AND child are dying, in these "back street abortions" of the past.

[/quote]

Right to choose what?

What?

Finish the sentence.

Right to choose a new car?

Right to choose an apple from the fridge?

Right to choose what?

Father John Corapi rightfully states that this is the only sentence in the English language that is always left unfinished.

No one gets away with calling ABORTION 'choice' on our watch.

It's terrible that so many babies are destroyed. I wish women were better informed.

[quote="Sailor_Kenshin, post:8, topic:211223"]
Right to choose what?

What?

Finish the sentence.

Right to choose a new car?

Right to choose an apple from the fridge?

Right to choose what?

Father John Corapi rightfully states that this is the only sentence in the English language that is always left unfinished.

No one gets away with calling ABORTION 'choice' on our watch.

[/quote]

Women want the right to choose to murder their unborn baby who is denied choice and the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

BUT a lot of women don’t realize that they are murdering an unborn child. they are told by doctors that’s it’s a gob of cells and that it’s not a baby yet.

Who is to blame? the ignorance of mothers or the doctors?

Further clarification. Only some women want that choice for themselves or others. Many of us are horrified by abortion and the politicians who defend it.

There is no right to choose. Abortion is murder…people can’t seem to wrap their minds around this truth. Don’t ask me why. Rather ask how people could run the death camps in Nazi German or how people could murder their own country men in Rowanda. It all starts with dehumanizing the victim.

**Jesus warned us about these people!

“You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” (JN 8:44)

People like Ms. Boxer & her pro-abortion friends expertly use language & slogans to promulgate their lies!

“Right to choose???” To choose what???

Right to choose to murder your own beautiful baby? Right to choose to refuse the perfect gift of life given to us by God???

What woman would ever take out a gun & shoot her baby, none, but certifiably insane women. Yet these people, like Ms. Boxer, insist that this should be a “Right?”

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Pecatoribus!

mark

I am getting to the point that I find this hard to believe. They have to realize they are exerting power over an inconvenience. Perhaps this is how they self justify.

[quote="gardenswithkids, post:12, topic:211223"]
Further clarification. Only some women want that choice for themselves or others. Many of us are horrified by abortion and the politicians who defend it.

[/quote]

Thank you!!!

One odd thing is that the guy never gets a choice in the matter (besides the obvious sex thing which applies to both and is often the real issue). Both he and the woman did the same thing, yet she gets to kill the baby or let it live. If she chooses “life”, the guy has to pay child support. If she chooses “death”, he’s off the hook.

Sounds sexist to me. Then there’s the whole double homicide thing when a pregnant woman is killed. You can usually tell a weak argument when there is no explanation for all these inconsistencies.

[quote="Nec5, post:17, topic:211223"]
One odd thing is that the guy never gets a choice in the matter (besides the obvious sex thing which applies to both and is often the real issue). Both he and the woman did the same thing, yet she gets to kill the baby or let it live. If she chooses "life", the guy has to pay child support. If she chooses "death", he's off the hook.

Sounds sexist to me. Then there's the whole double homicide thing when a pregnant woman is killed. You can usually tell a weak argument when there is no explanation for all these inconsistencies.

[/quote]

Problem is that in most cases of abortion, the guy is MIA and wants nothing to do with the woman or having a baby.

The woman is alone, usually young and desparate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.