Mohammed the Prophet

This is an affirmative Thread,

Muslims believe that Mohammed is the final prophet.

I would like them to tell me why they believe this.

In addition I think it will educate the forum members to know whether his prophetic claims are valid, according to the Bible.

What? We are waiting! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hate doing this…

asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu my dear muslim brothers and sister on this forum

i urge you to not respond here. The burden of proof is not on us but on the one who wishes to prove our beliefs wrong.

Hawk…when you die (after a longg time inshAllah)…you will recieve all the answers to your questions. Just be patient.

[quote=Faith101]asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu my dear muslim brothers and sister on this forum

i urge you to not respond here. The burden of proof is not on us but on the one who wishes to prove our beliefs wrong.

Hawk…when you die (after a longg time inshAllah)…you will recieve all the answers to your questions. Just be patient.
[/quote]

That is rather terse Faith. Hawk asked only why Muslim’s believe Mohammed was the last Prophet.

From my understanding of Islam this is the belief. Is it supported in Qur’an or Hadith?

What does your first sentence mean in English?

[quote=Faith101] asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu my dear muslim brothers and sister on this forum
[/quote]

If my translation is correct…
“Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh” **(May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you). **
The rest of the sentence was in English…

[quote=Karin]If my translation is correct…
“Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh” **(May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you). **
The rest of the sentence was in English…
[/quote]

an exact, word-for-word translation of it is:

may the peace be upon you, as well as Allah’s mercy and His blessings.

[quote=iamrefreshed]That is rather terse Faith. Hawk asked only why Muslim’s believe Mohammed was the last Prophet.

From my understanding of Islam this is the belief. Is it supported in Qur’an or Hadith?

What does your first sentence mean in English?
[/quote]

The first sentence is the greeting a Muslim gives another Muslim whenever they meet.
it means:

May the peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you.

The Quran supports the fact that Mohamed peace be upon him is the last messenger of God. But if you dont believe in the Quran, than really whats the point.

[quote=Faith101]The first sentence is the greeting a Muslim gives another Muslim whenever they meet.
it means:

May the peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you.

The Quran supports the fact that Mohamed peace be upon him is the last messenger of God. But if you dont believe in the Quran, than really whats the point.
[/quote]

Well, the point is discussion. That’s why you are here no?

[quote=iamrefreshed]Well, the point is discussion. That’s why you are here no?
[/quote]

My main intention for coming on this site is to try to answer the questions that people had about Islam and also to try to defend my faith against blatant lies and misconceptions.

along the way, i have learned much about the Catholic religion (thanks to all the polite and kind Catholics on this forum)…further increasing my faith in Islam. Alhamdulilah.

The thing is that this is a major tenet of their faith.

How can one believe the Quran, if one cannot show that Mohammed is a prophet.

It is strangely circular logic that muslims use.

We know Mohammed is a prophet cos thats what the Quran says.

We know the Quran is the truth, because that is what Mohammed recited and he is a prophet.

[quote=hawk]The thing is that this is a major tenet of their faith.

How can one believe the Quran, if one cannot show that Mohammed is a prophet.

It is strangely circular logic that muslims use.

We know Mohammed is a prophet cos thats what the Quran says.

We know the Quran is the truth, because that is what Mohammed recited and he is a prophet.
[/quote]

this is my last post on this thread

There are many proofs of Mohamed’s prophethood…both from his life to the miracle of the Quran. It is not up to me to prove this to you. You have doubt…bring up the proof to support your claims.

May God guide you, if He so wills…

[quote=Faith101]this is my last post on this thread

There are many proofs of Mohamed’s prophethood…both from his life to the miracle of the Quran. It is not up to me to prove this to you. You have doubt…bring up the proof to support your claims.

May God guide you, if He so wills…
[/quote]

I dont understand, you can say that islam is the Truth, and attack our faith.
By the same token you cannot provide evidence that the source of islam is truly a prophet.

I am wondering if you should consider a true faith.

I have found Christianity and particular the catholic faith to be the Truth, I invite you to look into it without the prejudice of islam as a shroud.

signs of prophethood:

Bahira the Monk

When the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) was twelve years old, he went with his uncle Abu Talib on a business journey to Syria. When they reached Busra (which was a part of Syria, in the vicinity of Howran under the Roman domain) they met a monk called Bahira (his real name was Georges), who showed great kindness, and entertained them lavishly. He had never been in the habit of receiving or entertaining them before. He readily enough recognized the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said while taking his hand: “This is the master of all humans. Allâh will send him with a Message which will be a mercy to all beings.” Abu Talib asked: “How do you know that?” He replied: “When you appeared from the direction of ‘Aqabah, all stones and trees prostrated themselves, which they never do except for a Prophet. I can recognize him also by the seal of Prophethood which is below his shoulder, like an apple. We have got to learn this from our books.” He also asked Abu Talib to send the boy back to Makkah and not to take him to Syria for fear of the Jews. Abu Talib obeyed and sent him back to Makkah with some of his men servants.

source: the sealed nectar

narrated salmaan al-faarisee, companion of prophet muhammad, about his first encounters with prophet muhammad and the signs of prophethood he witnessed from him:

"On that evening I went to see the Messenger of Allah while he was in Qibaa. I took with me something I had saved. I went in and said: ‘I was told you are a righteous man and that your company (who) are strangers (here) are in need, and I want to offer you something I saved as charity. I found that you deserve it more than anyone else’. Salman said: 'I offered it to him; he said to his companions: 'eat, and he kept his hand off (i.e., did not eat). 'I said to myself: ‘this is one (i.e., one of the signs about his Prophethood.)’.

Following this encounter with the Prophet (PPBU), Salman left to prepare for another test! This time he brought a gift and visited the Prophet (PPBU) in Medinah. 'I saw that you don’t eat from the charity, here is a gift that I wanted to honor you with. The Prophet (PPBU) ate from it and ordered his companions to do the same which they did. I said to myself: 'Now they are two (i.e., two of the Prophet’s signs came true).

On the third encounter, Salman came to Baqee’ Al-Gharqad (The Burial site of the Prophet’s companions) where the Prophet (PPBU) was sharing in a funeral of one of his companions. Salman said: 'I greeted him (with the Islamic Salaam: Peace be upon you) then I moved towards his back attempting to se the seal of (Prophethood) that was described to me by my friend. When he (PPBU) saw me (doing so) he knew that I was trying to confirm something described to me. He took the garment off his back and I looked at the seal. I recognized it. I came down on it kissing it and crying. The Messenger of Allah told me to move around (i.e., talk to him). I told him my story as I did with your Ibin Abbas (remember that Salman is telling his story to Ibin Abbass). He (the Prophet-PPBU) liked to tell my story to his companions.

source: the search for the truth by a man known as the persian salman.

these are just two eye witness accounts. and there are others…

This message is directed to all who post on this subforum, not just the original poster on this thread, although his manner of framing that initial post serves as the example for a point I want to make to both the Christians and Muslims here.

The purpose of this sub-forum is to provide a place for you folks to dialogue, discuss, educate, and be educated, even debate (civilly and charitably) about one another’s faiths.

It is probably unlikely that either will successfully, through this medium, convert the other - albeit, one might cause another to think more about or further explore points that are presented.

This thread began:

This is an affirmative Thread

The question that followed read:

Muslims believe that Mohammed is the final prophet. I would like them to tell me why they believe this.

(emphasis mine)

The application of some basic conversational skills to the typed message might well produce more positive responses and result in non-Muslim members having an opportunity to learn, from Muslims, why the latter believe that Mohammed is the final prophet.

As a convert to Christianity from Islam, hawk presumably already knows the Muslim answer to the question, whether he believes it or not. Most Christians do not already know the answer.

But, hawk doesn’t ask that Muslim forum members explain to their Christian counterparts why they believe as they do. Instead, he tells the Muslim members that he wants them to tell him why they believe it. If you were on the receiving end of that message, from someone who formerly was of your faith, do you think you’d see yourself as being set-up?

Mr. Gonzales has chosen to reply, regardless. My thanks to him for doing so.

Should folks wish to pursue this further, I invite the original poster or another member to rephrase the query in a new thread and see if any other of our Muslim brethren care to expand on what Mr. Gonzales has said.

This particular thread is closed, but I advise reading, understanding, and using the techniques I’ve discussed. They should produce a much more viable environment in which to learn from one another.

Joe

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.