Moleben 6/24/2011 Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, Sacramento, CA

Reminder - tomorrow a Moleben to the Mother of God will be celebrated at the Latin Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento. :thumbsup:

Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, 1017 11th Street , Sacramento
Friday, June 24, 2011 7:30 pm - Moleben to the Mother of God
(Sung prayer service according to the Byzantine Tradition of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church)
A new Icon of Mary the Mother of God has been written in honor of the 50th Jubilee of the St. Nicholas Eparchy of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. This icon has traveled around the United States during this Jubilee year. Bishop Jaime Soto invites all to view this icon and join in prayerful celebration with our brothers and sisters in the faith, together with their local priest, Fr. Theodore Wroblicky.

I believe in the Blessed Sacrament, though I don’t know if its practiced in the Orthodox Church.

It definitely is! You can’t have a Divine Liturgy without the Blessed Sacrament.

There may be a difference in the way the Blessed Sacrament (Eucharist) is consecrated liturgically.

Sure, but the Eucharist is the Eucharist. There is only one Jesus Christ.

He is “consecrated liturgically” in an Eastern Catholic liturgy exactly as in an Orthodox Liturgy. :slight_smile:

I went. It was cool seeing Father Ted and Bishop Soto in the same service. Though, Soto’s “talk” was a little all over the place lol. The icon was beautiful.

I was also there. The icon was indeed beautiful and was quite at home in the beautiful Cathedral. I thought the turnout was quite respectable, considering that it was a Friday night. I think having it in the Roman Catholic Cathedral with Bishop Soto there lent credibility to the event for those unfamiliar with the Eastern Churches.

Thank you very much,It is important to me

Buy office 2007
Buy MS office 2007

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.