Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect ID'd as Cristhian Rivera, 24, living in US illegally

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect ID’d as Cristhian Rivera, 24, living in US illegally

Nicole Darrah

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

An illegal immigrant from Mexico stands accused of killing college student Mollie Tibbetts and dumping her body in an Iowa cornfield — after he allegedly accosted her during a July 18 jog and she threatened to call police.

Authorities said Rivera, who lived in the rural Poweshiek County area, is being held on a federal immigration detainer. He’s believed to have been in the area for four to seven years. . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/21/mollie-tibbetts-murder-suspect-idd-as-cristhian-rivera-24-living-in-us-illegally.html

1 Like

I think I heard the suspect led police to the body.
I am glad her family and friends finally know what happened.
Praying for the repose of her soul.

The illegal alien must have entered during
the Obama Administration.

2 Likes

Praying for the repose of her soul.

Thanks for the great example 7_Sorrows.

It is folks like you that remind folks like me to pray more.

God bless.

Cathoholic

1 Like

You are welcome Cathoholic.

Another young promising life snuffed out.

1 Like

ok heres a question, daily in the USA, how many murders are committed by people legally in USA compared with illegal aliens

for balance

2 Likes

Not all illegal aliens are murderers is the point you are making. No one is claiming
that either.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this story.

Here’s another view on the tragedy, from one of the Angel Moms:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Mollie+Tibbetts+&&view=detail&mid=8218C37DFF2D653A8DC38218C37DFF2D653A8DC3&&FORM=VRDGAR

The price of open borders. This poor woman and her loved ones paid it while the folks who clamor for it don’t.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Either way he is an open borders killer. I don’t care if he is legal as I don’t want killer immigrants legal or otherwise.

Cuomo takes President Trump’s concern over illegal immigration, implicitly impugns Trump’s motives as racist.

Cuomo implicitly inventing and “reporting” on imaginary motives is a form of fake news. At least in my opinion.

CNN’s Cuomo: ‘Offensive’ for Trump to Say Mollie Tibbetts ‘Permanently Separated’ from Family

Tony Lee Aug 23 2018 Breitbart News

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo claimed on Wednesday evening that it is “offensive” for President Donald Trump to mention that Mollie Tibbetts has been “permanently separated” from her family after an illegal alien murdered her.

Referring to Trump’s White House video about Tibbetts, Cuomo wondered whether “these sympathizers would be as full throated about these tragedies if the killers were white . . .

1 Like

Lawyer says, there are dozens of articles on this topic, one can find the counter-evidence. The suspect apparently used a name different than his own.

He committed identity theft, so his employer thought he was a legal worker.

He wasn’t in Iowa legally

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I wasn’t sure they had solved that issue.

It is common for people here illegally to have false ID and SSN.

2 Likes

Trump on Tibbetts Coverage: MSM Lost Interest When They Found Out Illegal Alien Charged with Murder

Tony Lee 24 Aug 2018 Breitbart News

President Donald Trump on Friday evening accused the mainstream media of not covering Mollie Tibbetts’s murder “the way it should be covered” as soon as the media found out that an illegal alien was charged with her murder.

Speaking at a fundraising dinner for the Ohio Republican Party, Trump said the mainstream media “didn’t want to cover it the way it should be covered” when “they found out that it was this horrible illegal immigrant that viciously killed her.”

“Just this week we learned that Iowa authorities have charged an illegal alien in the murder of a college student—Mollie Tibbetts,” Trump said, adding that “everybody was talking about Mollie,” who the president said was a “beautiful, wonderful, incredible person.” . . .

. . . . “This went on for a long time… when they found out that it was this horrible illegal immigrant that viciously killed her, all of a sudden that story went down. They didn’t want to cover it the way it should be covered,” Trump said. “What happened to Mollie was a disgrace and our hearts go out. We mourn for Mollie’s family.”

At a West Virginia rally earlier in the week, Trump said Tibbetts’s murder “should’ve never happened.” The White House also released a video in which Trump said Tibbetts “is now permanently separated from her family.”

Legacy media reporters immediately rushed to downplay the illegal immigration issue. Mainstream media reporters like CNN’s Chris Cuomo, outraged more by Trump’s words than the fact that an illegal alien who never should have been in the country . . .

Does it matter that her family does not want her death used for political purposes? Trump and the republicans are going to use this poor girls murder as a campaign issue. Nothing like spreading fear to win an election!!

Report: Illegal Alien Left Another Iowa Girl ‘Fearing for Her Life’ Before Mollie Tibbetts Went Missing

John Binder 24 Aug 2018 Breitbart News

The illegal alien accused of murdering 20-year-old University of Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts allegedly heckled another young woman before Tibbetts went missing in late July.

An exclusive report by Ben Ashford for the Daily Mail reveals that illegal alien Cristhian Bahena-Rivera — a 24-year-old from Mexico who has been charged with first-degree murder in Tibbetts’ death — allegedly harassed a local 17-year-old Brooklyn, Iowa girl before Tibbetts’ murder.

Ashford reports:

Rivera pulled alongside the 17-year-old in his car as she walked through Brooklyn, Iowa, the same rural town where he would later be accused of following and abducting Mollie in strikingly similar fashion.

The girl’s older sibling Bailey Gibson, 18, told DailyMail.com her younger sister was ‘creeped’ out by Rivera’s advances as he told her she was pretty and tried to get her to stop.

‘In the end she was really creeped-out by his behavior. She had to keep telling him she wasn’t interested.’

The story is eerily similar to the story that police say led to Tibbetts’ murder . . .

. . . . The illegal alien lived in a region of Iowa that was surrounded by sanctuary cities, as Breitbart News noted, and worked at a dairy farm in the region where he used a stolen or fake ID to appear as though he was working legally in the U.S. The owner of the dairy farm did not use E-Verify to check if Bahena-Rivera was an illegal alien. . . .

MSGirl . . .

Nothing like spreading fear to win an election!!

I think this is projection as to how you might look at it.

So you take to impugning others motives because of the way you think.

But that is not valid argumentation MSGirl.

Nothing like spreading information to inform and hopefully prevent a recurrence.

Would be a more appropriate way of seeing the story in my opinion.

(If one more jogging girl is situationally aware enough to prevent this from happening to them, this story will likely have been worth posting.)

1 Like

I believe I heard one aunt or someone say they did not care for the political implications here. I forget the exact way it was framed but that hardly qualifies for the whole family.

If one goes this route, I see that some “Angel” families, (families losing a loved one in similar circumstances) have come out and said, this shows the need for enforcement of our laws or stronger laws.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.