"Mom and Dad" as well as "husband and wife" effectively have been banned from California schools under a bill signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger,

WHAT!!!

wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58130

And people think Im crazy for wanting to Homeschool my kids

What do you guys think of this?

Well - someone is trying to stop it: sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/28/BA5KTK3IK.DTL

~Liza

This is ridicules. I use to love Arnold but this, I am ashame of his actions. How could he do this? I think this Austrian needs to meet the big German daddy, Pope Benedict XVI to correct him in the issue of morality.

The law would allow boys to go to girls room. As an uncle of five children, 3 boys, and 2 girls, I would find this a break down of morality. Arnold has been swayed by the “Gay Culture.”

Mary, Mother of God, pray for Arnold.

God, the Father, forgive him for he does not know what he is doing.

Just wait! They live on shakey ground. I sense a response from God.

“Mom and Dad” as well as “husband and wife” effectively have been banned from California schools under a bill signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who with his signature also ordered public schools to allow boys to use girls restrooms and locker rooms, and vice versa, if they choose.

It’ll never fly, the potential for sexual abuses skyrockets with allowing boys and girls to mix bathrooms.

Considering that in preteens, they are just starting to get sexually active. Who knows what sort of activities is going on in the rest room.

What do I think? That this article is so wrong that the only proper way to describe it is as a lie. There was a thread on this a couple weeks ago. SB 777 does not require or allow any of the extreme nonesense in this article. This is a very standard non-discrimination bill. It doesn’t even add anything to the current non-discrimination laws, which already include gender and sexual orientation. Nothing in this bill could possibly be construed to outlaw the word “Mom” or require girls to use boys’ bathrooms.

And the scare line in the article that although gays are protected, “There are no similar protections for students with traditional or conservative lifestyles and beliefs, however” is just wrong. The bill provides exactly the same protections against discrimination based on religion as it does on gender, race, or orientation.

Here is a clue, don’t take worldnet daily’s word for such things. Go read the law yourself, its not hard to find. Read some reputable coverage of the bill. This article is just out there.

This being said does anyone know of any good Catholic reponses to this bill?

I first heard of it on the Catholic radio I know they dont like it. I just googled it and this is what I came up with sorry if it is not accurate

I still think It will cause problems maybe not to the extrems this article does.

I agree, the article is so outrageous I have even less respect for WND than I previously did. That bottom of the barrel journalism.

I more meant sexual harassment. Regardless of the hormones of the boys or girls, I remember quite well non-violent brutality to others all the way through school.

I think if the safe sanctuary that sometimes is the bathroom (how many movies do you see where the ‘nerd’ goes to mope or cry in the bathroom) will be now unsafe from ridicule or harassment.

Just my opinion.

How sad this state has become.

Just so you know, it appears that newspaper invented things and hyped things up from what the actual law said. (ie kids will not really be sharing bathrooms according to this new law).

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.