Monastic Diurnal--another request

Can someone please give me a complete example of Morning and Evening Prayer?

I would like to try to pray each, to see how/if it “fits”.

I don’t need the Latin–just the English, please.

If it’s like the LotH in that it “jumps” back and forth, could you post a regular day’s Morning Prayer* in order, so that I could just read it like a book? Not sure if I’m making sense:o:o

I mean (I’m making this up) if today’s Morning Office starts on pg 201, then jumps to page 50, back to 203, then to another page, etc–could you just lay it out in order?

Thanks so much

• and Evening Prayer

Below is a website I like, with a link to their morning prayer for today:

universalis.com/-400/lauds.htm

They also have a page to their evening prayer
that you should be able to find easily once you're there.

[quote="the_phoenix, post:2, topic:206883"]
Below is a website I like, with a link to their morning prayer for today:

universalis.com/-400/lauds.htm

They also have a page to their evening prayer
that you should be able to find easily once you're there.

[/quote]

I believe the Universalis link relates to the "standard" Liturgy of the Hours, not the Monastic Diurnal, which is a different book entirely. (Which I just got, and am having trouble finding my way around, too!)

It is indeed the LotH :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link phoenix, though :slight_smile:

Can you follow it on an easy day? If you are asking about a hard day, I often get confused too. I think I do the easy days OK.

Hiya, John. Hoping you would show up :smiley:

I don’t actually have it yet. I was hoping someone would do a screenshot of MP and EP with all the prayers “in order”. I would like to give it a “test run”, without having to buy the MD (yet).

Am I making sense?:o

Hi,

I sent you a private message.

:):thumbsup:

Please see HERE. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.