Monastic diurnal cover?

does anyone have a cover for the St. Michael's Press (Farnborough Abbey) monastic diurnal?
I've exhausted all avenues that I can think of...

The diurnal is 6"x4"x2" and is not a standard size. More akin to the Liber Usualis.

Can anyone help? or point me in the right direction?

Zippered? buttoned? any, so long as I can protect (my second copy of the diurnal)!

Perhaps have a bookbinder make one??
Look for any binder who makes books by hand and/or repairs antique books.

In the meantime, find a good local seamstress who could make a cover out of durable fabric. If you could slip the front and back cover in a sleeve, that should protect it somewhat. An alternative would be to find someone who works with leather and ask them to fashion something. The covers could be embossed (leather) or embroidered (fabric). Is the binding sound? There are actual bookbinders still around. :)

I got mine here, and it is extremely nice:

Renassaince Art

Make sure and click the option: “Select Closure Style>>>Strap add $5” (shown in photo below in the middle)

http://www.renaissance-art.com/images/Options/Title/closure_covers2.jpg

I got the brown leather cover, but they have a black leather one, too. IMHO, the important thing is to get the strap so it doesn’t flop open.

Be sure and give them exact measurements (to the nearest 1/8").

Humph... looks like the ones I used to make.

I found it works better with smaller books to use lighter leather than these are... lined with ticking fabric, and to turn the seam inside the cover.

Larger books need a different lenght to slide the covers in than these do.

I just checked out their site. I think I know the folks, but look at this page, and contact them... You'll need a custom cover.
renaissance-art.com/catg108/categoryMaster.aspx

I got a standard cover and it works fine. Didn't have to go custom.

The leather on mine is darker than the photos shown above, and the leather is thick, so it should last decades.

[quote="Windmill, post:4, topic:292729"]
I got mine here, and it is extremely nice:

Renassaince Art

Make sure and click the option: "Select Closure Style>>>Strap add $5" (shown in photo below in the middle)

http://www.renaissance-art.com/images/Options/Title/closure_covers2.jpg

I got the brown leather cover, but they have a black leather one, too. IMHO, the important thing is to get the strap so it doesn't flop open.

Be sure and give them exact measurements (to the nearest 1/8").

[/quote]

that looks quite nice. how much did it cost?

$25 for the cover + $5 for the strap = $30 + S&H.

Not bad at all! I may have to get these for some of my books.

Here’s a YouTube video I made for those who are interested…

youtube.com/watch?v=N5a6qjcgthw

Beautiful.
You should send them the link for your video.

A thought, I think if I had several, I’d stamp the name of the book or some ID on the binding edge.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.