Monastic experience & vocation discernment

MONASTIC EXPERIENCE & VOCATION DISCERNMENT
“To live means to answer the Call”

Exarchic Greek Abbey of St. Mary of Grottaferrata (Rome) ~ Italy
July 1-30, 2011

Young men desiring to know the Catholic Monasticism of Byzantine Rite and Spirituality are invited to the Month of Vocation Discernment (July 2011) with the Basilian Monks of Grottaferrata.

Requirements:
1) Open to Catholic men ages 18-30.
2) A letter of recommendation from a priest.
3) A $200 donation (not essential).

Deadline for Registrations, 20 June 2011.

For more information, please, contact: Fr. Bessarion OSBM (vocazione@abbaziagreca.it)

Wow! What an awesome opportunity. Thank you all for putting this on and supporting vocations in this way.

I would consider going, but I am already at seminary and I will have an assignment this summer.

Thank you & God bless!!!

If someone watned to come, would they need to be an Eastern Catholic?

Gee...I wish I were a man!!! But this is excellent for anyone considering a vocation to the priesthood.....it would be an awesome blessing by far!:thumbsup:

[quote="Matt_707, post:2, topic:230157"]
Wow! What an awesome opportunity. Thank you all for putting this on and supporting vocations in this way.

I would consider going, but I am already at seminary and I will have an assignment this summer.

Thank you & God bless!!!

[/quote]

Thank you very much for your appreciation!
Of course it’s an opportunity to meet our Order, the Oriental spirituality, to think about the God’s Call and to breathe in the Church with both lungs (western & oriental).
This monastic vocation experience includes moments of Liturgical Prayer in the Byzantine Rite, Meditations on Spirituality of Byzantium, and moments of reflection, fraternity and sharing. Readings and community discussions are based on texts from Holy Scripture, and the Holy Greek Fathers. It's a period of Graces in which each of the participants can discern whether our Lord Jesus Christ is calling him to follow Him with charitable soul and pure heart.

God Bless You Too!

[quote="beaumains, post:3, topic:230157"]
If someone watned to come, would they need to be an Eastern Catholic?

[/quote]

Young men coming from any Rite (Roman, Oriental) can attend to this event.

Moreover, young men coming from any Rite (Roman, Oriental) can join us in our Monastery, as candidate to the Basilian vocation, so long as he has the openness to a change of heart, a change of lifestyle, the desire to live a common life, and the desire to be incorporated within the Byzantine Tradition.

Blessings!

Oh yes, you’re right. It’s excellent for anyone considering the vocation to the priesthood and to the religious life.
Please, spread the information of this event!
Thanks!
God Bless You

I will Father! God bless YOU and thank you for being a priest!:slight_smile:

I see this is in Italy. Will the retreat be done in Italian?

[quote="Biedrik, post:9, topic:230157"]
I see this is in Italy. Will the retreat be done in Italian?

[/quote]

The Monastic Experience & Vocation Discernment Program 2011, entitled “To live means to answer the Call”, will be held at Grottaferrata (Rome) ITALY.
It is not essential to know the Italian language. A few of us speak English, but of course it’s not our mother tongue, for this reason I warmly recommend to study some Italian language, at least the basics using the "Italian Daily Language", as this is the main language we all speak here. If you want, you could approach the Italian language studying an Italian Grammar because if you have the opportunity to read and meditate with us in English readings and community discussions, you will communicate in Italian for your daily needs.

abbaziagreca.it/en/vocation/retreat.asp

Blessings!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.