Monkey gives first aid to electrocuted friend - AP

No, this is not a joke-story as far as I can tell. It is a valid news story.

**Monkey gives first aid to electrocuted friend **- AP

NEW DELHI (AP) – Onlookers at a train station in northern India watched in awe as a monkey came to the rescue of an injured friend - resuscitating another monkey that had been electrocuted and knocked unconscious.

The injured monkey had fallen between the tracks, apparently after touching high-tension wires at the train station in the north Indian city of Kanpur.

His companion came to the rescue and was captured on camera lifting the friend’s motionless body, shaking it, dipping it into a mud puddle and biting its head and skin - working until the hurt monkey regained consciousness.

The first monkey, completely covered in mud, opened its eyes and began moving again.

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_INDIA_MONKEY_LIFESAVER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-12-25-05-45-07

There has been a recent thread on the rights of monkeys, something about not being judged as human but this is another heart-warming story.

I think there are pictures of the incident but not at the quoted story-link.

They say life can sometimes be even stranger than fiction! Guess this is one of those cases. Glad there was a happy ending. :thumbsup:

Good afternoon ClearWater:

I understand Mexico has monkeys in parts of it, they do have plenty of jungle.

I found the video, there actually is some and additional pictures:

Video: thestar.com/news/world/2014/12/25/monkey_comes_to_the_rescue_of_friend_as_crowd_watches_in_awe.html

sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/12/25/video-shows-monkey-reviving-shocked-friend

I’ll study this a bit more.

I haven´t really seen monkeys in Mexico, though there are some, because I generally hang out in the “urban jungle”! :wink:

New World monkeys are found in southern Mexico, IMS.

ICXC NIKA

A SHOCKING incident! :smiley:

Psychologists have found that certain primates in addition to humans have the capacity for empathy as well as reciprocity.

And elephants grieve when one of the family members die.
I believe animals have souls like people do.

It always amazes me to see animals going to the rescue of others, be they animal or human. Here’s another video, showing the immediate attention and aid given to a baby elephant who takes a misstep. Check out how all the adults surround the baby afterwards. It is so touching and always brings a tear to my eye… :heart:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_mAAQO3UdE

How sweet! Thanks for that link!

Animal behavior can be fascinating!

While playing games yesterday, the topic came up with my sons girlfriend (who has been working in wildlife rescue – now took a new position working w/ primates).
We were talking about different forms of wildlife; their behaviors and risks for handlers. (What I found most interesting)
She made mention of needing to be quite careful with some primates due to how some primates can use deception – quite unique in the animal kingdom; outside of humans. Most likely due to being closer on the evolutionary tree w/ humans. :shrug:

This monkey showed more concern for the sanctity of life than many humans. Must have been a Republican ape. :wink:

Good points! :slight_smile:

I think it is a different focus of caring, Republicans only care about life when it is still in the Womb and could care less about life after the person is born. Democrats could care less about life when it is in the Womb but are compassionate and kind after a person is born. We need to combine the best of both beliefs.
I am still amazed that people want to deny animals some type of spirit or soul. It is not as developed as a human soul, but animals absolutely have the capacity for empathy, compassion, and dare I say it, love. Ever seen the video of the dog on the freeway risking its own life to drag another dog which had been hit by a car out of the rod. It is heart breaking and inspiring at the same time.
youtube.com/watch?v=-HJTG6RRN4E

Thanks for the link. That was beautiful.
I don’t agree with the first part of your post though.

I think if you are so concerned about abortion, there are some in the World News section instead of going off-topic: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=932068

Let’s see too, off-topic but what about those groups like Ducks Unlimited, they hunt ducks,I don’t but I know they are concerned about conservation.

Personally, to opportunistically exploit an issue like this to me, speaks of a liberal mindset. To exploit an issue to attack others, especially others en abstentia seems deplorable. Furthermore, it is not a reach to state Great Society programs leave much to be desired.

Now, let’s get back to the issue, no more monkey business…:rotfl:

Ypu seem to ignore the post claiming that only Republicans consider life sacred. Interesting that you felt like it was perfectly acceptable to de deragatory towards democrats, but how dare someone criticize republicans. I happen to criticize both parties equally. That is called an objective viewpoint.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.