Moore may tackle gay rights

canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=645ea831-d37c-41f5-ada5-301a47101e8b&k=9796

Well since evidently Sicko has bombed big time, old Mikey has to find something controversial to stir up.

I may have mentioned this before, but I watched him back when he had a show on Fox called TV Nation. There are few people to whom I have an immediate and visceral dislike of, but he’s one.

And since the death of Yasser Arafat, he is now the Ugliest Man In The World.

“There is nowhere in the four Gospels where Jesus uses the word ‘homosexual.’ The right wing has appropriated this guy … and they have used him to attack gays and lesbians, when he never said a single word against people who are homosexual. Anyone who professes to be a Christian and does that is certainly not following the teachings of Jesus Christ.”

Hmmm…What ever happened to the Old Testament? I mean, even with that whole “let the one without sin cast the first stone” thing, it still doesnt make the old laws null and void! Or is that still considered the “Jew’s Book of Lies”?

I used to love that show. It was very clever and had a lot of good points. The only movie of his I saw was Roger and Me, and I loved it, especially the woman who raised rabbits.

I don’t think it’s very nice to call another human being “the Ugliest Man in the World”. How would you like it if someone called your son or brother that?

me too!
MM: what’s this one’s name?
rabbit lady: dinner!

:smiley:

That lady was so authentic!!! He had some really real human beings in that movie. That’s his appeal I think.

Not to mention the considerable body of Christian teaching outside the New Testament----Apostolic Tradition, the writings of theologians, bishops, and saints.

I don’t think it’s very nice to call another human being “the Ugliest Man in the World”. How would you like it if someone called your son or brother that?

My son and my 4 brothers are all very nice looking. They haven’t become obese, they shave, and they dress for the occasion instead of wearing gross looking jeans and baseball caps everywhere.

Wow, how incredibly Christlike.:rolleyes:

Did you ever think that there might be some ‘obese’ people here at this forum? :mad: And may I ask what’s wrong with wearing blue jeans and baseball caps? :confused:

Well you have to admit, though, that the movie business does place emphasis on appearance. If you’re a fat and unattractive filmmaker, and you’re going someplace where you know you will be photographed by the international media, at least try to do what you can with your clothes and your hair. Otherwise people will think you just don’t care - it’s almost a kind of statement that you think you’re above the expected norms.

Is that mean? I’m just being honest and frank.

Ok, you do not like Moore - and you think he is ugly. Way to advance discussion. So, what about his arguments?

The church does not condemn the sinner but it condemns the sin.
Moore and his pals can twist and turn it 'til they’re blue in the face. Homosexuality is intrinsically disordered and nothing changes that.see the catechism!
In the old testament in Deutoronomy, if I remember correctly, homosexuality is called “an abomination before the Lord”. I’ll check for the full verse.
Marriage was created in Genesis for Adam and Eve and their descendants , meant for “one man and one woman”, designed for companionship and procreation not as a deviant experimentation field.
May God look kindly upon people with same sex attraction and help them remain pure and chaste. But for Heaven’s sake let’s agree that a sin is a sin.
If this movie really comes to pass , we must make our voices and beliefs known as well,just as loud and clear.

erm… they are ugly, too? :wink:

Since Sicko isn’t doing too well at the box office
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=sicko.htm
Moore’s star may be fading. Apparently folks aren’t that concerned about health care. I am not sure how stirred up the average film-goer will get over the topic of gay rights/homophobia.

I’ve never seen one of his films and now I definitely won’t if I can help it. Give me a break! How does 2% of the population have so much clout? This is starting to get scary.

top five documentaries is doing pretty well, i’d say. :slight_smile:

from michaelmoore.com:

“Good news! “Sicko,” after less than three weeks in national release, has become one of the top five grossing documentaries of all time! So, this coming weekend, the distributor is expanding the movie by opening it in nearly 500 new theaters in small cities all over the country (for a total of nearly 1,200 screens nationwide)!”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.