Moral Theology Paper

I have to write a research paper for my class, and we have to write about any topic in moral theology. I’m having trouble finding/choosing a topic. Any ideas?

Detachment from worldly things:
How does one do this in this world of consumerism and vanity?

Here’s a manual of moral theology which is online. You might find a topic in there.

I would investigate something like the principle of double effect or just war theory. So you might also look in St Thomas Aquinas’s Summa Theologica for topics as well.

Right. On the other hand, you could always delve into things that St. Thomas Aquinas could never have perceived 700 years ago (and most people wouldn’t have conceived of even 150 years ago). Humanae Vitae, Doma Vitae, Evangelium Vitae, and Pope St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body are all good starting points.

You could go through a Catholic book on moral theology. A handy one that deals pointedly with the whole field of particular issues in moral theology is Heribert Jone’s “Moral Theology.” I don’t know though what books you don’t have available. If you can’t get ahold of Jone’s book, you could check through Germain Grisez’s “The Way of the Lord,” a three volume publication that reviews issues in moral theology. (The third volume is particularly interesting.) Hopefully, one of these publications is available. Since these books are Catholic, I doubt you would find them in a public library though.
(I just checked though and saw the Grisez publication is online at www.twotlj.org/index.html )

Well, if you want to pick a topic that will generate some interest, you could choose cohabitation or extramarital sex, masturbation, same sex marriage, or, when is it okay to lie?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.