More Chat Room Fun

*Here is another recent chat room conversation I had. It ended abruptly when REPENT had to catch a plane. *

I went into a Protestant Christian chat room and there was a chatter whose nickname was REPENT. I am JP_Magnus.

JP_Magnus - REPENT, I repented Saturday night at Church.

REPENT - praise the LORD jp magnus

JP_Magnus - I said out loud: " I confess to almighty God and to you my brothers and sisters that I have sinned through my own fault, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God."

JP_Magnus - Later I said: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world: have mercy on us." And then later, “Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.”

REPENT - jp…were those your own words from your heart or was it recited…?

JP_Magnus - Oh. They were from my heart. Although I have them memorized, they were from my heart. I spend a lot of time repenting.

LondonGirl - it’s from the bible, repent

REPENT - those ar catholic words and i know becasue i was catholic once

REPENT - jp the LORD wants the words from your heart not from a book i believe and i know those words but mean nothing to me becasue they are recited from a book and not from our own mind

JP_Magnus - Really? So if I recite the scriptures to someone who wants to know about Jesus, because I am reciting them from a book, they mean nothing?

REPENT - we can recieve JESUS without eating HIM

REPENT - remember the communion is a reminder to us and no more

JP_Magnus - Um…did you just change the subject?

REPENT - religion cannot save anyone…only JESUS

Repent left right after his last comment.

Wow that is interesting stuff.

I do enjoy trying to spread understanding with dialogue, but is does take a lot of patience and restraint. I am going to call my friend (a pastor) who went a little extreme in his comments last time we talked and just kept changing the subject also. I needed a break, but reading this gives me the little bit of inspiration to keep talking with him.

You did good,

God bless
Scylla

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.