More Double Standards from The BBC

The BBC was once aworlf respected news agency and when it broadcast a news item you could rely on it. Now it has been taken over by people who, amonst other things have a VERY anti Catholic bias. This latest example highlights exactly what i mean. The headline is that a German Bishop has resigned because of the handling of an abuse scandal. So, i clicked on it thinking whats this all about - only to dicover that it relates to a female Bishop of the Luteran church. Then the story goes on to talk more about the Catholic abuse scandal, even though this story is nothing about the CC. THe BBC are completly utterly biased againt the catholic church and will use every opportunity for a dig no matter how un related!

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10667687

I miss the days when you would turn on BBC, and there would be a documentary on about the Pope, and so on. Now, it is BBS. (Get my drift?)

I agree. The BBC has taken cues from the rest of the biased media and has gone south.
I'm not saying all media is bad, but just look at the headlines. It seems "investigative journalism" today means lift material from the internet. If it's in style, it is newsworthy. And the trend is Catholic bashing, among other things.

[quote="ConfusedTim, post:1, topic:205643"]
The BBC was once aworlf respected news agency and when it broadcast a news item you could rely on it. Now it has been taken over by people who, amonst other things have a VERY anti Catholic bias. This latest example highlights exactly what i mean. The headline is that a German Bishop has resigned because of the handling of an abuse scandal. So, i clicked on it thinking whats this all about - only to dicover that it relates to a female Bishop of the Luteran church. Then the story goes on to talk more about the Catholic abuse scandal, even though this story is nothing about the CC. THe BBC are completly utterly biased againt the catholic church and will use every opportunity for a dig no matter how un related!

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10667687

[/quote]

When it comes to secular news outlets reporting about religion, none of them are any good. But when it comes to any non-religion involved news, the BBC is still the best in the world (in my opinion). Especially when it's non-North American news, nobody even comes close.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.