More Masses better?

Goes it actually help someone more to go to more Masses than their obligation? The obligation is once a week except the required holy days. If one went 2-3 times a week would partaking in the Eucharist be of any more benefit?

Bill

We receive many graces from Jesus when we receive Him devoutly and with the proper dispositions in Holy Communion. Therefore, doing so as much as possible, without losing devotion, would be very commendable!

May God bless you forever! :slight_smile:

Yes, you should go to mass whenever possible! Every time you go to mass you hear the word of God and receive the Most Precious Body and Blood of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. Receiving the Eucharist everyday helps you live a holy life and gives you the strength to fight the temptations of the Devil. God Bless!

I go to daily Mass at least three or four times a week, in addition to going on Sundays. I find that there are many graces to be had at daily Mass.

Last year during my RCIA as I was beginning my conversion, I went to Mass on Sundays and Tuesday evenings, because I had the time (and that’s when the RCIA class was). I really miss going twice a week, I don’t feel as fulfilled as I was last year. Unfortunately, real life gets in the way of increased Mass attendance, sometimes, so, “make the most of it whilst you can” would be my advice!

Yes, it would be of immense benefit to your soul.
At each Mass, the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross is re-presented (not repeated) in an un-bloody manner. The merits which Christ gained for us on the Cross 2,000 years ago are applied to our souls when we are at Mass.

“For as often as as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.” -1 Corinthians 11:26 (NABRE).

Obviously yes.

With or without sacramental communion.

Just to stop in church for some quiet time with our Lord has benefits, as I have often found.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.