More movies about African culture,history and folklore please!

I've just been thinking about how when it comes to foreign films both India and various parts of East Asia have big movie industries based on their respective cultures,history and folklore but there is a lack of movies from Africa about this.The only ones I can think of The last king of scotland,Invictus,Zulu,Zulu morning,Blood diamond,Tsotsi which are give glimpse of more contemporary history and culture but I think that people would be a even more into it if there were some big cool (*maybe *blockbuster level) movies based on African folklore (not including ancient Eyptian stuff) since IMO folklore and mythology are always crowd pleasers to a particular extent.I cant really think of ones off the the top of my right now besides Anansi since I dont know much about it unfortunately. What do you guys think?. Thanks for your time.

:coffeeread:

How about something involving the Kingdom of Aksum (Axum)? It was centered in what is now Ethiopia. It has longed claimed to have the Ark of the Covenant, and for a couple centuries was a Christian stronghold in a Muslim sea.

Or are you thinking more of sub-Saharan Africa?

That sounds good too but honestly I initially thinking about something more Sub-Saharan although I think that modern Ethiopia (not the Kingdom of Aksum (Axum) which spread into Egypt and even east to Yemen and Saudi Arabia a bit) would count as Sub-Saharan.

Okay, how about something involving the Mokele-mbembe?

Mokèlé-mbèmbé, meaning “one who stops the flow of rivers” in the Lingala language is a legendary water-dwelling creature of Congo River basin folklore, sometimes described as living creature, sometimes as a spirit, and loosely analogous to the Loch Ness Monster in Western culture. It is claimed to be a sauropoda by some cryptozoologists.[1]

Expeditions mounted in the hope of finding evidence of the Mokèlé-mbèmbé have failed, and the subject has been covered in a number of books and by a number of television documentaries. Reports of the Mokèlé-mbèmbé have been circulating for the past two hundred years, yet no one has photographed the creature or produced any physical evidence of its existence. [2] The Mokèlé-mbèmbé and its associated folklore also appear in several works of fiction and popular culture.[1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokele-Mbembe
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.