More of existing and questions about it...

Why do people even exist if stuff is going wrong in their life?
I mean I try and I try…but it seems like everything I do turns out wrong or something…or I lose someone or something.
I do not think I should even exist in this world, but my friends keep telling me that I should, but i just dont even have a clue what God is doing in my life… i read my bible and pray everyday but it seems like God isnt helping me…I dont know what it is…Maybe I should probably just not go on with life, cuz nothing seems to be right anymore…

:confused::banghead:

If anyone coudl hlep me, plz do…

Thanks…
God Bless

God loves you. Don’t just read and memorize Scripture, this is a pitfall of many protestants. Live the Gopel of Jesus. Apply it to and in everything you do with love in your life. Reading Scripture does not save us but living it may.

Refocus on the good in life, it is there if you just remove the ‘sacales’ and ‘see’ it.

Jesus never promised being His follower would be easy. But if you endure, He has promised a great reward.

Find God in prayer, not just Jesus. When you knell down with your hands outstrecthed to God and pray, you should feel the Fathers hands on your shoulders, and Jesus holding one hand and the Holy Spirit the other. Use the Holy Spirit and let Him guide you to peace.

Life is not allways a rose garden but you will find peace in it in prayer through Faith, Hope and Love. Our three greatest gifts.

I do not take your question lightly. I hesitated to even reply. But here are my thoughts:

Existance is different than physical life. You will always exist. That is not within your control. You, your soul, what makes you you will not end at physical death. Therefore contemplating what things may be like if you didn’t exist is bound to be frustrating. what we need to focus on is what will make us happy…eternally happy.

When you say you try but things don’t work out well, I would ask the question, “according to who’s plan for you…your plan or God’s plan?”. It is indeed frustrating not to know what God is trying to accomplish in our lives, but we must remain confident He indeed does have a plan.

Perhaps it would be helpful to assess each circumstance and ask what could God possibly intend by allowing this to happen? Is He making me stronger, so I can better handle an even more difficult challenge later in life? Am I to experience these things so that I can better minister to others who are hurting? Does He want to see how I will react to these things in my life? Does He want me to detach from the things of this world?

Have you read the story of Job in the OT? Terrible things happened to him and he didn’t deserve any of it. Job didn’t know it, but God was proving to the devil that Job’s faith could not be squashed by the troubles of life…and Job was richly blessed because of it.

Optimism is the effect of grace, in my opinion. Hope is essential, and it is based on a trusting in God. We need to rely on Him exclusively.

I pray that you will experience peace that far exceeds any disapointment you have exerienced. That peace is not merely possible, rather, it is promised to those who love the Lord.

Keep your chin up and know that I am praying for you.

If you truly knew how much God loves you, you would never even frown again.

You have so much to offer to other people that surround you, you have so much to give, you have so much to live for. start with corpral works of mercy, cloth and feed the poor, comfort the elderly, spread the good news of God, and one the of absolute best things you can do is offer up your sufferings to Jesus, offer up your sufferings in line with his sufferings. offering up your sufferings pleases God so very much.

Job, Jesus, Mary, and many others in the bible had a lot of terrible things happen to them, even though they didnt deserve it.

It comes down to trust and faith. Do you trust God? do you have faith in God? and if you do, there is no need to ask why, instead ask what can i do next for you God?
Have you ever read the poem footprints in the sand? if you havent here it is.
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish,
sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,
so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,
my child, is when I carried you.”

[left]May the peace and love of Almighty God be with you!
[/left]

Today on EWTN, Fr. Corapi answered this question. He said that we are to look at Jesus on the cross. If we are united to Jesus by our faith, then that is us on that cross also. If we die with him then we believe that we shall also rise with him. Great show. You can probably call for a copy.

God bless you,
Deacon Tony SFO

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.