More prayer with the saints

Tonight as my head touched the pillow I started to pray for a friend that was in trouble and included some thoughts that I felt St. Mary could help out with.

I realized that I am probably the millionth person to ask for her intercession today. If a million people asked me to do something all in the same day, there would be no way I could process even a tiny percentage of the requests.

So what happens when one goes from plain earth human to a citizen of heaven? Do you get smart? Do you become unbound by time? Surely one does not become God, but - forgive the term - how much “more Godly” does one become? I assume one gets to hear prayers. There is one example of a superhuman difference between us and the higher ups. How many more are there?

I would love to read thoughts on the matter and am looking for a place to start. Thanks.

I would say that yes, you become unbound by time, but that is almost impossible for us to visualize because we’ve always been bound by time. In a sense, we probably get “smarter” as well because to intercede for us, God would have give us the capacity to hear thousands or millions of prayers at a time.

In regards to Our Lady, let’s look at a mother here on earth with say, 8 children. It’s a handfull, but she still manages to keep up with all of them. Now, back to Our Lady, technically most of her children are there in heaven already, so I doubt a couple billion here on earth phases her much. Being more than 2,000 years old by our standards probably gives you the experience to do more than you would normally, lol.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.