More Proof That God Decides When We Die

More proof that God decides when we die, not a mother or a doctor.

Super News! :smiley:

dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=491443&in_page_id=1770

What a couple of cuties!

So the mother said she wanted the “best thing for him” by murdering him? :confused:

How is this child going to feel when he is old enough to know that his own mother tried to kill him because he was sick? :frowning:

i thought the same thing. “hey, nice try on the murder, doc, oh well didn’t work, time for plan B… so now that he’s alive, i love him!!”

sometimes even i’m amazed at the ignorance shown in these stories.

**Mrs Jones said: "They told us that if he died, it could be life threatening for his brother. **
**“We had to decide whether to end his life and let his brother live, or risk them both.” **
**They said it would be impossible to keep him alive afterwards as he was so poorly. **
**It would be kinder to let him die in the womb with his brother by his side than to die alone after being born. ****“That made my mind up for me. I wanted the best thing for him.” **

People can be convinced to do horrible things if they are made to believe that they are being noble and good. So, this mother opted to allow the drs to murder her child for his own good. The doctors apparently made it sound that she was being a poor mother and a heartless person by NOT killing her child.

More then a lesson that God decides who lives and dies, this is an example of why not to give into this kind of thinking. We need to be vigilant against this mindset.

I am not passing judgement on the family though. If I was faced with such medical advice when I was younger, sadly I might have done the same thing.:frowning:

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

They are very precious though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought the same thing…when this child is old enough, will he ever know that his mother tried to murder him…twice??? It’s a shame that a doctor would even suggest to murder the one child. I hope that he learned a lesson to never give a mother this choice/advice again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.