More than 103,000 children 'homeless at Christmas' in England

bbc.com/news/uk-england-35121260

The number of children spending Christmas in temporary accommodation in England has reached a seven-year high, the housing charity Shelter has said.
New figures show there were 14,670 households accepted as homeless between July and September, the largest number since 2008.
According to Shelter, more than 103,000 children will spend Christmas in B&Bs, hostels or temporary rented homes.

The article continues at the link.

It sounds like Dickens,

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Good God, friend, just imagine what Dickens would write were he alive today. It boggles the mind.:frowning:

It must be awful to spend Christmas in temporary bed and breakfast accommodation and the numbers have no doubt risen here because of the benefit cap. However, I see that there are 2.5 million children who experience homelessness in the USA in 2013 so this is a global issue.

If there are so many homeless families in Britain, maybe they should slow down the mass immigration until the present population gets housed and employed.

What? We can’t do that anymore?

Unemployment is at a 10 year low at 5%, the same rate as the US. Housing costs are astronomical, a 3 bedroom house in London costs over £700,000.

I can absolutely guarantee the unemployment number in the USA is not 5%. That’s just accounting gimmicks the Obama Administration uses to look good politically. They aren’t even counting the civilians who are no longer looking for work.

Why isn’t the Labour Party opening up its doors to them. That’s what I’d like to know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.