More than one novena/thing at a time?

I am starting the 33 days to Morning Glory for consecration to Jesus through Mary. I also like to do novenas.

Is it recommended to do two things at once? I love the Novenas I’ve done recently and have been contemplating starting another before the Mary opportunity came up at our parish. Can I do a morning Novena and evening Novena, or should I concentrate on one? Can I do the consecration at the same time as a Novena, or is that overwhelming my spirit, and cause me to fail at both?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I’ve been wondering about the same thing. I don’t think it is wrong to do more than one at the same time. For example, we can pray both the rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet every day if we want. But my personal preference is one at the time. It helps me focus on the devotion better.

Novena is a form of prayer. We can pray as much as we want. I don’t see anything inappropriate to do more than one Novena within the same period. When we pray throughout the day, it is easy to arrange different Novena at different time. Even we say one Novena after another, as long as we are sincere, God would be pleased.:slight_smile:

I also believe it’s ok to make 2 novenas at the same time, but from personal experience I would say that one is enough and sometimes I found hard to finish a single one. But people are different. I like very much to do novenas because it makes me think more about God during that period and because it makes me trust more in his power. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.