More women in Heaven than men?

Men and women have the same sins and temptations pretty much and sins such as fornication would probably be evened out between them but men masturbate infinately more than women do even Catholic men that don’t want to masturbate feel the sexual tension getting too much and give in. I wonder how many men are lost due to this one sin in comparison to women? Even though I am married I feel this one sin will never go away no matter how much I fight it and pray for chastity. Women’s bodies don’t constantly tell them to procreate so they must find it so much easier to remain in a state of Grace. The only mortal sins I have committed this year is this one, I fear it will drag me to Hell.

:frowning:

Ive subscribed to this thread, since it is something I have considered before. It does seem to be the logical outcome considering that the male biology from the ridge of the penis head to the rate of production itself appears well evolved towards the purpose of impregnating as many females as possible. Whereas a woman can only release one egg cell, men produce enough sex cells to fertilize many more. If sex is solely for reproduction, that appears an usual choice of design.

I’m looking forward to reading a Catholic answer to this

What about gossip and modesty. It would seem women can keep up with men on the mortal sin category. Interesting to know the number of canonized saints genders? I also think that current trends of more women than men in church is a rather modern trend…

This is an interesting question.

To form an equitable judgment about the subjects’ moral responsibility and to guide pastoral action, one must take into account the affective immaturity, force of acquired habit, conditions of anxiety or other psychological or social factors that lessen, if not even reduce to a minimum, moral culpability.

Straight from the catechism. If a person truly wants to stop, but continues due to habit or addiction, I highly doubt it is mortal. Based on this text, it seems to be barely venial under this situation.

. So if one could not physically stop ones hand then their culpability could be lessened. Or perhaps if one could not control the urge say in public or such…

Men have sins that they struggle with and women have other sins that they struggle with.
Sinning is all too easy.

What exactly are you trying to say?

This is something I have a hard time understanding about Catholicism. While Judaism also speaks about different types of sin, it does not believe that G-d would ignore the good things we have done in our lives and allow us to go to hell based on committing one mortal sin even if we are not repentant. Our lives are a totality of both good and bad behaviors as well as thoughts and intentions. Why wouldn’t G-d judge us according to that totality rather than an act we may have committed (and not repented for) right before we die? Where is G-d’s mercy in all of this?

Fascinating, thank you for posting this Meltzerboy; I had no idea Judaism had such a vastly different interpretation of sin.

I believe I’ve heard it theorized by some Catholics that after committing a mortal sin (actively disobeying God), and then seeing God at our death, our souls will choose hell. i.e. God does not damn us, we damn ourselves after seeing that we are unfit to be in his presence.

That could be totally wrong, but its an interesting perspective nonetheless.

There are certainly more incorrupt female bodies than male, FWIW.

ICXC NIKA

OTOH!

Q: How do we know that there are **no **women in Heaven?

A:

Revelation 8:1 (KJV)
8 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

:slight_smile:

ICXC NIKA.

I guess I’m more in line with the Jewish understanding of sin and mercy than the Catholic understanding of sin and mercy. I can completely see and understand what you are saying here, and I think it’s more in line with the Biblical accounts (Old and New Testament) than what I normal hear from Catholics.

Plus, to the OP:

What would it mean for you if the answer was YES more women in heaven.
What would it mean for you if the answer were NO, there’s more MEN in heaven?

Sorry. I just think these questions are so pointless and in general, leave God out of the equation entirely.
:frowning:

This from the man with more posts than anyone in the games…uh-huh, yeah,. that’s right, I said it, LOL

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don’t think they’re pointless, they reveal something about the proposed salvation plan.

Since sexual conduct is such a huge focus of purity and sin those who have lower sex drives are more likely to attain salvation. If women do have lower sex drives than men, in this area they have an advantage at attaining heaven. If this is so that means the salvation plan is easier for women, and the design has been deliberately created with the intent of making it harder for males to attain salvation. After all, why give one sex the biology and impulses ideal for mass mating and not the other while declaring it to be a sin?

I think it’s an interesting aspect to consider and can tell us something about the mindset of the deity behind this system.

I see you!
:jrbirdman:

If if if.
God doesn’t operate that way. He loves us all equally.
We don’t manipulate our thinking to believe that some are not loved “enough” by God to end up with Him in eternity.
We know the mindset of God. It’s one of love.

OK, since no one has dragged out this old expression: “It’s a man’s world, but a woman’s heaven.” Haven’t heard that for probably 40 years. Not that I think there’s a theological basis for it.

I once read somewhere that **Grace **is when we receive something good that we don’t deserve. For example, God’s love - we are undeserving of it, but He gives it to us by His infinite Grace.

At the same time, **Mercy **is when we don’t receive something bad that we deserve. We deserve suffering for our transgressions, but God spares us from that by His infinite Mercy.

His mercy is on the fact that He believes in second chances… and third chances, and fourth chances - and over 490 chances:

Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. (Matthew 18:21-22)

If you try to weigh all the evil against the good one has done by the end of their lives, he most certainly will be destined to Hell, for the simple fact that we often err before getting it right. To stay virtuous is a constant struggle, and most of us will fall.

Which is why God is forgiving as long as we repent. We may commit the same sin for over 490 times, but if we truly regret that choice, God welcomes us back with open arms.

The Parable of the Lost Son is a situation of a Father’s mercy - the father didn’t care if said son wasted money and left home, or that said son didn’t think of his father until he actually needed him. The father was just happy to have said son alive and returned to him. The son was undeserving of said love, but his father gave it to him anyway (Grace). The son deserved a number of punishments (either to be ignored as he ignored his family, or to work on the fields like a mere servant for the rest of his life), but he was spared by his father’s love (Mercy).

Now, imagine if the father demanded that the son worked his backside off in order to pay for his wasted money BEFORE hugging said son. Where is the love in that situation?

God loves you as soon as you repent; you don’t need to have a life where you were good for at least 51% of the time before He will accept you.

On a side note: Justice. Someone who was good for all his life but who, at the last moment, decides with certainty and finality to refuse God, is undeserving of Heaven. God wouldn’t want to hold someone in Heaven against said person’s will, after all. He is just.

At the same time, He would welcome a villain who repented on the last second, but didn’t have time to compensate for the evil he did. God is merciful, and He knows what goes in our hearts: He knows if said villain would have done different, given the chance, so He accepts the ex-villain with open arms.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.