Mormon missionaries are coming to visit today

Hi everyone. In a moment of weakness/temptation last week, I called and had the Mormon missionaries scheduled to come and visit me. They’ll be visiting me at 4 PM Eastern Time. Now I am rather scared and don’t know what to do or say to them. What should I do? :shrug::confused:

Also, your prayers are appreciated.

Father,

Our loving sister has a chance to spread YOUR truth today. Please give her the wisdom of your words, the gentleness of your heart, and the warmth of your love to give to our brothers. May they come to know You and Love You the way our dear sister does.

Through Christ our Lord,
Amen

P.S. Start off with a prayer for wisdom and truth :slight_smile:

Thanks HeatherNoel. The Mormons always start off their missionary meetings with such a prayer. Should I include my own prayer? :shrug::confused:

Holly,

Why not just leave a note on the door saying, “I am sorry, but I have changed my mind. I am staying with my Catholic faith, which is the True Church. I’ll be praying for you.”

You can either stay out of the house for a few hours or just not answer the door. It won’t be rude because you’ll leave a very kind note.

Good luck!

Well, I can’t leave a note because our apartments has this system where you have to buzz in. And I don’t want to leave a note at the buzzer system because other people will wonder what is up. I might stay out of the house for a while though.

Ask them about Brigham Youngs quote “As we are god once was. As god is man may become”. Then ask them if they have ever read any of Brigham Young’s Journal of Discourses, their church is trying to retrieve all copies of it since it sheds a bad light on Mormonism. Then ask them if they know that Smith was a mason and that he copied many things from them, including secret handshakes and passwords etc.

You can argue the bible with them, but they have the “angel” moroni’s testament.

And always say everything with equal parts love and truth.

Dominus vobiscum,

FSC

Holly,
I am going to pray that the Holy Spirit fills you with what you need so that you will be able to stay strong in your faith. Also that you may recieve the gift that the apostles where given when they where going out to spread the word.
Maybe it was not a moment of weakness that made you call them, but a chance for God to use you to bring home some of His lost sheep

Holly,

Just call them back and say you want to cancel. They have no “right” to come into your home, even if you called them first.

From your message, it seems as though you have visited with them before. I strongly suggest you stop discussions with them, because your faith is not strong enough right now to try to convert them and you will be further tempted.

They are nice people, live moral lives and mean well, but they are misguided. Don’t let them misguide you.

There were no golden plates written in “Egyptian”.
Native Americans are not genetically Jewish.
If plural marriage was so important for salvation, why did they give it up to have Utah be recognized as a state?
Jesus came to save all people, but they used to teach that black people bore the mark of Cain and weren’t elegible for their priesthood of believers.
They deny the Trinity and teach that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three distinct gods.
They teach that all believers become gods of their own worlds in the afterlife.

Part of my family was Mormon from the early days. By grace, my branch became Catholic again. Stay true to the Church.

Gem

Praying.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I just ask the Lord to protect you, knowing your history of wavering back and forth.
I ask the Lord to ensure they don’t confuse you and that you can firmly say you don’t want them to come again. But anyway, in God’s hands
Angels of God please be watchful.

How was your meeting Holly? Hopefully all is still well with you.

peace

FSC

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.