Mormons and Amos

Hello everyone I while back I mentioned that there were some Mormon Missionaries came and talked to me. They said soemthign about a falling away that mentioned in Amos. Does anyone know what they are talking about?

[quote=chb03c]Hello everyone I while back I mentioned that there were some Mormon Missionaries came and talked to me. They said soemthign about a falling away that mentioned in Amos. Does anyone know what they are talking about?
[/quote]

This article discusses it:
geocities.com/thecatholicconvert/staplesnogreatapostasy.html

They were probably refering to the following scripture as a prediction of the Great Apostasy:

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

(Old Testament | Amos 8:11 - 12)

Thank you everyone who posted!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.