Mormons

I use to know many mormons, all mostly because of this one that was a missionary. She was a good close friend of mine.

I stopped contacting her shortly after christmas. There are many complicated reasons why. I don’t think I can mention them here on this forum section.

My point is this; how many times can I keep rejecting Him? How many times untill He abandons me? Am I doing what they call “rejecting the spirit”?

I feel so far from God, but I met someone a few days abo that said when he got close to me he felt that I had alot of virtue.

Off topic;

I came here to CAF because there are things I want to talk about as well as things I need to know. No, nothing about mormons, I mean Catholicism of course. But I’m hoping to be able to find someone I can talk to about something quite indepth.

He will NEVER abandon you! The question you need to ask yourself is; “Why am I rejecting Him?”. And be honest with yourself. In defining the problwm you are half way to a solution.

Wow, yes you are right. X3

The question you need to ask yourself is; “Why am I rejecting Him?”.

Because when I have done bad, I cannt face Him, pray to Him or even think of Him without feeling unworthy and gutted.

And be honest with yourself. In defining the problem you are half way to a solution

I’m not sure why I feel that way, maybe it’s because I was so much closer to Him back in the past that I think He is dissapointed in me and doesn’t want to know me at this longer distance… if that makes any sense.

Talk to St Peter about this. I know of personal experience the concerns and heaviness of heart and contrition you are feeling and so does St Peter.

As say this as former Mormon…

When those of Catholic Faith speak on the Lord abandoning them. What always comes to my first is involvement in church and prayer.

The Church is of most importance first. But it must be accompanied with prayer. As you correctly draw closer to the Lord, he draws closer to you.

Second what comes to mind is the Seven Deadly sins and how you are situated on the spiritual ladder.

The Seven Deadly sins all revolve around the devil, the world and the flesh.

“Let me know myself Lord. and I shall know Thee”

God Bless, Gary

My Prayers are with you.

I want to be close to Him again.

I haven’t been to church in over 9 months, that I think is what has made it worst.

Second what comes to mind is the Seven Deadly sins and how you are situated on the spiritual ladder.

The Seven Deadly sins all revolve around the devil, the world and the flesh.

I’m not a bad person but I have done some bad things recently, during that time frame that I have stayed away from church.

“Let me know myself Lord. and I shall know Thee”

God Bless, Gary

My Prayers are with you.

Thank you Gary

Pray. And go to Mass. And confession. Lent is the perfect time to come back (not that there’s ever a bad time). I’ll pray for you. Peace.

My brother I fully understand believe me I’m no saint. During and after college I was so far from the Catholic Church my family would actually hint around every time we had a get together.

“You know it wouldn’t hurt you to go to Mass or say a Prayer” my father would constantly say. And my mother I have never one day in life not seen her pray the Rosary, And she’s in her 80’s.

So it just sort of all hit me at once. I just put it mind that I was gonna get back involved and make an honest effort at it. I was lost Bro. And I didn’t understand just how bad till I actually invested myself back into the church.

But the Lord seriously live’s in us Once I started praying 15-minutes daily and attending mass again. I felt like the blinders were removed from my eyes.

I actually feel like I’m being lead now. Caused a bit of guilt for some time. I believe the Lord forgives faster than we do ourselves. The Confessor finally said to me “Look your forgiven”. I got the message than that it was me. :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of good hearted followers here though. [they put up with me] It helps coming here. You didn’t arrive here by accident. There’s no coincidence with Providence.

God Bless, Gary

FMX,

I second svid here.

The Lord hasn’t abandoned you even if you feel you have abandoned Him. He is always waiting and wanting for the Prodigal’s son to return!!

God Bless!!

:thumbsup:

Amen :slight_smile:

I use to go to a crazed methodist church, I was too close to the minitsers, they drove me insane. “Depression is a back firing tactic” they would say, and I was like “what are you saying to me!?” They were far from helpful…

“You know it wouldn’t hurt you to go to Mass or say a Prayer” my father would constantly say. And my mother I have never one day in life not seen her pray the Rosary, And she’s in her 80’s.

lol

A hint is a hint, they are suppose to be indirect yet they strike you like a knife to your heart right?

I didn’t understand just how bad till I actually invested myself back into the church.

Amen to that there.

But the Lord seriously live’s in us Once I started praying 15-minutes daily and attending mass again. I felt like the blinders were removed from my eyes.

God… you remind me if my glory days with Him.

I believe the Lord forgives faster than we do ourselves. The Confessor finally said to me “Look your forgiven”. I got the message than that it was me. :slight_smile:

Isn’t it funny how simple it really is? And yet we lie to ourselves, well no, the evil one lies to us.

There’s a lot of good hearted followers here though. [they put up with me] It helps coming here. You didn’t arrive here by accident. There’s no coincidence with Providence.

God Bless, Gary

I can see, I saw this site and knew where I needed to be, where God wanted me.

He’s knocking on the door again I suppose!

Thanks

Confession… I would be horrified to go to it. I have done terrible things. My priest would never look at me the same way again.

But I will give it a mention to him when I go to church this Sunday. I will have to drag myself there.

We all struggle sometimes. I think you’re not rejecting God- on the contrary, you seem to want God, and things are difficult for you right now. Keep praying, speak to a priest and don’t give up. :slight_smile:

Go anyway. Horror and all…

This is about you and Our Lord, not you and your priest.

You have an excellent point there!

I think I accidently wondered from Him. I must locate the way back. At least that’s what I think after reading your post.

That is so easy to do (wander from Him) that sometimes it almost unperceptible in nature.

Fortunately, we have a Lord who understands this and is bountiful in His Love and Mercy.

Believe and trust Him in that Love and Mercy. It’s there for us to drink from, and wash our sins away in.

You really will feel much better. I know I did after I had abandoned and even denied Him for many years.

For me it wasn’t a “wandered away”. It was a conscience and deliberate choice on my part to deny Him.

God Bless

:thumbsup:

Well I certainly didn’t run from Him deliberately, that much I know.

Let me tell you, I feel miles better already. I will with 100% certainty drag both my body and soul into that church this sunday

I cannot thank you enough. :smiley:

This may help you FMX500. I also struggle with depression at times and have had several severe issues with it. It may also help you to know I had not been to Mass in nearly 20 years before I went again in the last couple of years.It has been a long and slow and very painful journey back towards the faith at times and my naturally acerbic and sardonic nature has not made it any easier.

Of course it helps, it shows that although I feel miles away from Him I am in actual fact very nearby. Closer than I feel.

20 years was a long time, I couldn’t imagine myself doing that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.