Moroccan-born mayor of Rotterdam tells fellow Muslims who do not appreciate the 'freedoms' of living in the West to 'pack your bags and f*** off' on live TV

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2907941/Moroccan-born-mayor-Rotterdam-tells-fellow-Muslims-not-appreciate-freedoms-living-West-pack-bags-f-live-TV.html

The Moroccan-born mayor of Rotterdam has said Muslim immigrants who do not appreciate the way of life in Western civilisations can 'f* off’.

Ahmed Aboutaleb, who arrived in the Netherlands aged 15, spoke out in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris last week.

Appearing on live television just hours after the shootings, Mayor Aboutaleb said Muslims who ‘do not like freedom can pack your bags and leave’. **

Labour politician Ahmed Aboutaleb, a former journalist who was appointed mayor of the Dutch city in 2008, is known for his straightforward stance on integration.

The 53-year-old won the praise of London-mayor Boris Johnson over his comments last week attacking fellow Muslims who move to Western nations but refuse to accept the Western way of life.

‘It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom,’ Mayor Aboutaleb told Dutch current affairs program Nieuwsuur (Newshour).

'But if you don’t like freedom, for heaven’s sake pack your bags and leave.

'If you do not like it here because some humorists you don’t like are making a newspaper, may I then say you can f*** off.

‘This is stupid, this so incomprehensible. Vanish from the Netherlands if you cannot find your place here. All those well-meaning Muslims here will now be stared at’.

Mayor Aboutaleb grew up the son of an imam in northern Morocco, but moved to the Netherlands in 1976.

Someone had to say it.

I hear him. Makes sense.

He wasn’t intimidated that is good. Seems like more Muslims are speaking out against the jihadists.

You’re not always at your most articulate when involved in passionate disputes. :wink:

Well, he certainly has a potty mouth :D, but at least you know where he stands.

And there will be no issues with translation with “×××” this one.:smiley:

Perhaps the first shot in the war against the fascism of Political Correctness.

Or just kind of a nasty, crude comment. If it came my way, I wouldn’t like it. Better to stick to the facts. IMHO. In other words, I hope this doesn’t become a trend. It’s not really the West at its best… :wink: We’ll be throwing rocks through their windows and slashing their tires in no time.

Well said. :thumbsup:

Or a bad example of oppression by the so-called ‘enlightenment’. Intolerance in the name of ‘tolerance’ is among the highest forms of hypocrisy.

How about a bit of cultural sensitivity towards Muslims? This has nothing to do with ‘caving in to terrorists’, but is about basic human dignity.

I’m glad he had the courage to say it

Termination of Life on Request and Assisted Suicide Act (2002)

Seems to me the Netherlands have been (expletive) themselves for a quiet awhile.

World Cup Challengers in 2010, Netherlands 5 1 Spain, 2014 World Cup

How about some of Netherlands recent World Cup appearances?

A “bit of cultural sensitivity towards Muslims?” One could re-float the Titanic in the amount of blood that has been spilled while the world has been bending over backwards in the name of “cultural sensitivity towards Muslims.”

At some point, the Christian demands of charity, not to mention self-control have to come into play in any social dialogue. Christ did not mistreat those who crucified him; he forgave them. I am witnessing my faith whenever I say or do anything to anybody, Muslim, terrorist, secularist, you name it. I won’t go where this guy went - thanks to God’s grace.

Um, you do realize that Ahmed Aboutaleb is a Muslim, right?

Peace

Tim

Obviously.

:thumbsup:

Charlie Hebdo ridiculed the Virgin Mary in one of its front covers, yet no Catholics thought it would be proportionate to violently massacre the editors. Christ taught us to bless those who curse us, pray for those who abuse us. There are inspirational Muslims who are more than willing to defend the rights of others to say things they do not personally agree with, yet their are apparently many others out there who think that Islam is to be exempt, in a free society, from the same treatment dished out to other religious or political groups. This is not an acceptable attitude to have, especially when it leads to the outrageous idea that violence and murder is justified as a response to mockery of one’s belief.

In a free society, there will be people who will mock the beliefs of others. I do not agree with this mockery. It is not how I conduct myself in the public or private spheres. But I will uphold the right of others to do so and to do so without having to live in fear of a violent death.

If Christ or the Blessed Virgin are mocked, as they often are, I answer with love, compassion and respect. Muslims should do the same. The way to correct offensive speech is not to suppress or physically harm the people who say or write it. It is to show them the error of their ways by discussion with an open heart and leadership by example. When God gave man freewill, he truly created him in freedom. Some may use that freedom in an offensive manner that is unbecoming, yet their right to use it must not be denied them as a basic human right. Rather we must use that very same freedom of expression to answer them back like civil human beings rather than fiendish beats driven by blood-lust.

I don’t ever recall the Lord Jesus responding with hatred or murder when his enemies taunted him. Rather I recall him saying these immortal words:

Luke 6: 22-23Happy are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you, revile you, and defame you on account of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, for surely your reward is great in heaven; for that is what their ancestors did to the prophets.”

This is the Christian response and in Christian societies or countries with a Christian heritage, this is the response expected without exception from every group in society. Leadership by example.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.