Mortal Sin Question

In my past, I have commited sins such as masterbation and lust with homosexual tendencies. When I confessed them, I confessed just masterbation and lust. Is that sufficient enough?

Depends on if it is deliberate or not. If you deliberately left out that part then you should confess again but if it was by accident then you don’t need to but if its really bothering you then you probably should anyway. I’ve had times when I was so nervouse I forgot to confess half what I intended to.

Lust is lust whether it’s over a male or female.

[quote="jongenaro, post:1, topic:182408"]
In my past, I have commited sins such as masterbation and lust with homosexual tendencies. When I confessed them, I confessed just masterbation and lust. Is that sufficient enough?

[/quote]

Yes. But it may still be a good idea to mention the homosexual inclination, because the priest may be able to make more specific recommendations that are especially helpful in your own circumstances. Don't be embarrassed. Many faithful Catholics experience same sex attraction, and there are some great resources.

Go to the Confessional, and tell the priest what you told people here, i.e. that you did not mention it, why you did not, and then listen to him as to what to do.

The priest has to know about this detail of your sins to properly judge them, you must as a norm include such information or at least have the priest understand, if he is your regular Confessor when you confess such type of sins that this is normally accompanies them.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.