Mortal Sin !??

scrupulosity, tends to turn no sin into not just sin but mortal sin. It over exaggerates a situation.

catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=3739

unlike people who do the opposite, they under exaggerate scruples, like grave matter, and reduce it to venial or no sin at all.

A beard can tell you much about a person, like any meals they have had in the past week.
No sin in knowing someone ate Chinese food last Thursday.

Yes, when the person finds it to be a source of lust such as a beard fetish, and the person with the beard is not the spouse.

I think some of these responses were harsh… Trolls certainly exist, but scrupulously is real and is a tremendous cross to bear. Sure, there’s always a possibility someone is trolling, but I would err on the side of compassion and take any questions regarding scruples seriously.
Also, no need to point out spelling errors…

Right.

Are you worried that you might be committing the sin of pride, comparing your beard (I’m assuming) to someone else’s? Or are you admiring a particularly handsome beard? Or maybe you’re looking out of mere curiosity, the way I might look at another woman’s hairstyle perhaps for ideas for myself. The first case might be sinful but the last 2 are not. Without context it’s impossible for anyone else to tell you whether something is a sin or, if it is, whether it’s mortal or venial.

As others have said, if you suffer from scrupulosity you need to ask your priest these questions, not a bunch of strangers.

I have decided that I shall confess it anyhow.
But I have one more question…
Is doing something without parents permission grave matter? Eg. Going to the library on your way back home from school without asking first?

Is this contrary to their instruction or expectation? Are you aware that to do so will cause them grief?

Only you can answer the question you’ve put.

No, not that I’m aware of…

That’s easy to answer, ask them if they mind.

Do you understand the concept of grave matter? Defiant disobedience of your parents would be grave. If your parents told you in no uncertain terms not to stop anywhere on your way home from school and you chose to disobey, that’s grave matter. If that’s not the case then it probably isn’t even sinful. Again, you really need to speak to your priest for help in dealing with your scrupulosity.

Then did you really have any reason at all to suspect you do wrong to stop off at the library?

Perhaps when asking whether something is a sIn, you might first identify where you think the sinfulness may lie. Eg. Which commandment might it transgress?

Are you in any type of religious formation classes? I really think they would help you work out thses issues. Just ask the teachers! The key to grave matters is doing them expressly to reject God. It seems most of your concerns may be afterthoughts? You didn’t think you where rejecting God when you did something, but thought about it in those terms later?

Still praying you can work these issues out my friend!

Religious ed teachers are rarely equipped to handle scrupulous issues. Coincidentally, neither are CAF posters.

A regular confessor can be of service to you - he can help you in this and forming your conscience further.

True, but they know who to contact!

Not really.

Your advice shows that to be false. You tell them to contact the religious ed department. The contacts theyshould make is with a shepherd or a mental health professional, most likely, both. Again few religious ed teachers would even know where to begin, at least in my area…

Very well, point to the Hooz! :slight_smile:

And such may not be “scrupulous issues”…

Not everything that sounds like a duck is a duck…

Some young persons just setting out on the road of formation can have simply some odd questions.

I don’t go to school :slight_smile: it was just an example.

Yes I think that the afterthoughts is what really troubles me…
Because the last thing I want to do is hurt God.

It annoys me is that the problem is only rather recent…
It started when I started making good confessions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.