Most Americans See Race Relations Worsening Since Obama's Election

President Barack Obama had hoped his historic election would ease race relations, yet a majority of Americans, 53 percent, say the interactions between the white and black communities have deteriorated since he took office, according to a new Bloomberg Politics poll.

bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-12-07/bloomberg-politics-poll-finds-most-americans-see-race-relations-worsening-since-obamas-election

What makes you think Obama thought race relations would improve after his election? One could forcefully argue that he is using his presidency to exacerbate race relations because racial strife furthers his political agenda.

Absolutely race relations are getting worse. Obama represents those that still see the racial divide as caused by some sort of inherent blind hate. It is not hate, and it is not blind. Racial prejudice today is learned from experience based on the actions of a demographic that just happen to statistically correspond with skin color.

Rhetoric that refuses to acknowledge that, and treat one side as merely ignorant, serves only to divide, and yet, that is the precise rhetoric we get from Obama and much of the Democrat party. As long as the thugs tend to be predominantly of one demographic, calling ME names, i.e. bigot, ignorant, and so forth, is not going to resolve a single thing, but merely hardens my heart to the problem.

I just don’t get the whole blaming someone else because you have a problem with a different race. It is a moral issue and people need to stop pointing fingers.
My husband and I met right before President Obama was elected. We married in 2012 and we don’t have a race problem in our home. I don’t care that he is a different race. He doesn’t care that I’m a different race. The world would be a much better place if people were taught like I was. Not to judge people on their skin color. The race issue is never going to change until people change their way of thinking.

Did people really think that electing someone based on they look would really turn the corner for race relations?

Race relations are worse. AG Holder referred to blacks as “my people” publicly. He said that hate crime laws don’t apply to white people or Christians. He called us a “nation of cowards” for not engaging in open debate on racism, even though if you are not black, you can never speak honestly about race. Pres. Obama states Trayvon Martin “could have been my son”. It seems our highest officials are doing everything possible to color everything as racism.

You are correct Boomerang, we need unity, not all of this division that has been going on.

As does the Democrat Party

How does racial strife further his agenda?

I am not so sure interactions between the white and black communities have deteriorated. It is just that recent incidents have once again clearly manifested the problems that have been there all the while.

15 years ago:

articles.latimes.com/1999/feb/14/news/mn-8169

My thoughts exactly!

Well said, the admin never missed any opportunity to racebait.

Really?

Than please do “forcefully argue that he is using his presidency to exacerbate race relations because racial strife furthers his political agenda.”

Why does he feel it necessary to interject himself into the incident?
“If I had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin”.
“The police acted stupidly” in reference to someone he knew who was arrested shortly after Obama became president when the friebd was trying to get into his house (I have forgotten the details)

Yep . and as the Obama regime begins their “departure” process, everything is worse and worse. His first act was to reinstate funding and promoting abortion ; so everything he attempts will fail and the American people will suffer. We all need to pray nonstop!

The current tensions with African Americans has more to do with white cops more than white people in general.

President Obama has nothing to do with these current tensions.

In fact most of the current protests taking place around the nation, have more white people than blacks in them, and more whites are causing violence in some of these protests.

Jim

How do we know it has more to do with white cops? Are black or Hispanic cops somehow different, and if they are, how do we know that? Perhaps the reality is that if a contact with law enforcement turns out badly between a white cop and a black person it’s a big deal precisely because of race and only because of race. Is it possible that the racism involved here is that of those who gain by generating or exacerbating racial animosities?

Seems highly probable to me. Perhaps you meant to say that, but for reasons other than Obama’s exploiting such events.

There are, of course, white radicals and looters, just as there are black radicals and looters. No surprise to that.

Only three quickly come to mind
The whole Brown case should have been monitored but left as a local issue until the evidence was released. Instead the Dems have leveraged the crisis which has resulted in more violence.

Eric Holder’s early and forceful interjection into the Zimmerman case stoked resentment and tension. Obama exacerbated the problem, and eventually all facts showed race was proven not to be an issue.

It was used frequently around Obamacare. Kathleen Sebelius certainly invoked racism to demagogue opponents when she said the fight against them was reminiscent of “the fight against lynching and the fight for desegregation.”

LEADERS UNITE, something Obama has repeatedly failed to do, or even attempt to accomplish.

The tensions have been simmering, I would look well before 2014, the first incident we have is George Zimmerman, a Hispanic.

Then we have the case in Louisiana, do we hear about this? No.

america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/articles/2014/12/6/black-young-and-unarmedthecaseofcamerontillman.html

Chicago has been in the news for troubles there in the past few years, you can’t blame that on the police.

Thanks for sharing, this case deserves attention, as a rallying point:

• Proper training of police
  • Black lives matter meme

But the cop wasn’t black so they keep it under the rug.

Have you been following the news events ?

The recent events are about white cops killing black men and one 12 year old.

The other issues involving black and Hispanic cops are irrelevant.

Jim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.