Most Christians Say Non-Christian Faiths Can Lead to Salvation

Relativism is not Truth. It is logically impossible, for example, for two opposites to be true. It is not possible that God is the One True God and also one of many. It is not possible that God exists and, at the same time, does not exist.

Use your God-given brain.

Nope. There’s a difference between acceptance and tolerance. Religion is just another barrier like skin color or ethnicity or language or any other collective label that is but the result of geography. As the earth shrinks people are realizing this to a greater degree, that isolation is just not an option.

Our futures are bound. If religion has some wholesome purpose it would be along these lines, and not of exclusion. So kudos if most Christians feel this way. That means despite the fact that they are taught one thing they can still speak for themselves. Kinda gives you hope.

And it is worth nothing that this is a secret ballot where people are totally free to express their beliefs and thoughts.

Todays is the memorial of St. John the Apostle. The Office of the Reading, from the Liturgy of the Hours is taken from 1 John.

This verse touched me and is relevant to this topic.

My children, I am writing this to you so that you may not commit sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous one.

He is expiation for our sins, and not for our sins only but for those of the whole world.

Whether a person knows Christ or not, He is still the expiation for their sins.

St. Augustine’s writing is also part of the OR today. If you have it, its well worth reading.

Jim

Who’s talking about isolation or intolerance? I’m not. I’m talking about simple logic. It is fine to accept that others believe their faith in their god will lead to salvation. It is illogical to believe that everyone is right.

Jim R is correct that Christ is the expiation of sins for the whole world. That is Truth…not relativism. If someone is saved, despite not holding to the Truth taught by the Church, it is due to the grace of Christ.

I do think it would be interesting to see the results of a survey among Christians seeing to what degree they agree with your substitutionary atonement Christ model.

No Demonimation or Religion leads to Salvation, only Jesus does that. However, HOW Jesus does that is left to him, not us. Roman’s Chapter 2 is pretty clear about those who through no fault of their own do not know Christ yet try to live by the God given conscience we all have CAN acheive salvation, though as an exception.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.