Most Intellectual Traditional Orders?

What are the most intellectual traditional orders? I've heard of the Fraternity of St. Vincent Ferrer, a group of Dominicans in communion with Rome but not officially in the mainstream Dominican order. Are there any other intellectual, traditional orders?

Thank you

The ICKSP are very intellectual when it comes to the liturgy especially, but they are not like Dominicans (i.e. their charism is not specifically based on study for the purpose of preaching).

Minor quibble; the Fraternity are not actually officially Dominicans (they want to become a part of the family and they use the Dominican Rite though).

[quote="Melchior, post:3, topic:280682"]
Minor quibble; the Fraternity are not actually officially Dominicans (they want to become a part of the family and they use the Dominican Rite though).

[/quote]

Yes, that's what I meant by saying they're not in the "mainstream Dominican order."

I think I will start a thread on this in the vocations forum. I have had discussions about this with a couple of friends.

[quote="Geremia, post:4, topic:280682"]
Yes, that's what I meant by saying they're not in the "mainstream Dominican order."

[/quote]

It's an interesting question actually, do they have the right to call themselves Dominican?

They're not part of the one Dominican order.

Then again, there are many apostolic orders of women that call themselves Dominican but are not in that one order (which includes the friars and the cloistered nuns, at least).

Besides the Dominican Rite, I believe the FSVF wear the Dominican habit, follow the Rule of St. Augustine, and basically try to live exactly as Dominicans but follow exclusively the traditional Dominican missal and office.

So as not to derail this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=665233

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.