Most people really don't do things well or morally or ethically

That's basically the truth I think.

I've gotten to the point where I am very much not happy with the conduct of others in general. I think because of this I would have too much trouble in the workplace.

I better determine what is the best work choice for me or else I will not be able to tolerate people after my experiences with them. I feel as though perhaps working at home is a good choice.

If I don't like people that much anymore I will not last long in most work environments. It has to be something where I'm working from home I believe. Where I am my own boss.

Absolutely, it's my personal opinion that there is a lot of corruption to things that are popularly accepted as good and that the way people conduct things is more emotional and belief oriented rather than logical and factual or ethical.

We are to be In the world, not Of the world.
Our job is not to remove ourselves from the general population just because we don't like the way they act.
Our job is to Love our neighbor and treat them as we would wish to be treated.
Our job is to see Christ in each and every person we meet.
This includes everyone from the smallest child to the worst sinner.

In everyday language, remember where you point that finger. There are three other fingers pointing right back at you.

[quote="CatherineOH, post:2, topic:292577"]
We are to be In the world, not Of the world.
Our job is not to remove ourselves from the general population just because we don't like the way they act.
Our job is to Love our neighbor and treat them as we would wish to be treated.
Our job is to see Christ in each and every person we meet.
This includes everyone from the smallest child to the worst sinner.

[/quote]

Very well said.

I don't know your situation, but most of the time, the answer is not to retreat from people. Jesus had to deal with corrupt and immoral people as well. He retreated from time to time to refill his tank, but he didn't just give up on us. I know when I was in a secular workplace, I really leaned on my Church groups (ex. bible study, volunteering group, etc.) to "fill my tank" just so I could sustain the environment I was in at work.

Peace and blessings in whatever you decide.

It's a more involved issue than what I or others have described.
But I think I found something that helps.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.