Mother and teenage daughter who stumbled on open air gay sex told to 'use a different path' by police

Mother and teenage daughter who stumbled on open air gay sex told to ‘use a different path’ by police

A mother shocked by seeing two half-naked men having sex while out walking the dogs with her daughter was told by police to take a different route in future.

Marie Cragg, 44, spoke of her disgust at the officers’ reaction and said she feared the woodland beauty spot would be turned into a no-go area for ordinary members of the public.

The men seen by Miss Cragg and her 18-year-old daughter Jessica were stripped from the waist down and carried on with their activities even after they knew they had been spotted.

more …

Typical of our police these days, they only seem interested if you are driving a little over the speed limit

Do you suppose a male and female found in the same situation would have been ignored?

If the officers are sworn to uphold the law and the law is specific and they chose to ignore it…that’s not called discretion…that’s called a failure to carry out their duties and they should be reprimanded. They are not the judge or jury, arrest or ticket the people who have violated the law, and let the courts decide if they should be prosecuted or convicted. That’s not their call.

Doesn’t matter what the offense is…and this surely is an offense not only civilly but also morally.

You know, I’m a straight supporter of gay rights no matter what, but that’s just indecent exposure, whether it was a same-sex or heterosexual couple doing it in public. :eek:

As for the cops… no comment.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

That’s england for ya. Lived there for 5 years.

I’ve found heterosexual couples in the same situation and I ignored them.

The officers didn’t ignore it. They just could not find the people who were supposedly violating the law.

When did the bobbies become so spineless? :mad:

The police didn’t tell them to use a different path. A community officer did, according to the article. As I understand it, Community officers (community support officers) do not have the same powers of the police and they are not police officers. In the article, it was confirmed that actual ‘‘real’’ police were dispatched to the scene within 20 minutes but the guys had split the scene. 20 minutes response time to a non life threatening, non urgent situation is not bad.

That said, yeah, it’s pretty :bigyikes: But I dont see why it’s the police’s fault :confused:

Probably a few air gun rounds to their bare behinds would have induced them to find a room somewhere. Those plastic pellets can sting pretty good.

You know there are areas in my neck of the woods where couples of various combinations enjoy the open aired experience. While it is indecent exposure, I do choose not to walk via those pathways because I know the likelihood of finding such is high. It’s a matter of practicality, if you call the police, because it’s not an emergency, it’ll take them time to get there and by the time they’re there, the folks will have split anyway. So the community police officer’s advice was pretty darned practical. Avoid lover’s lanes if you don’t want to find lovers.

Probably not :mad: I bet they would have been arrested or at least been given a citation for lewed public conduct. And it is gonna get worse over the next 4 years.

Such public vouyeurism has long been a part of gay culture.

I’ve never heard of such a thing. I thought lovers lanes were used by people inside cars, not out in the open on the side of the street. Do you live in a really seedy neighbourhood?

Of course not all gay people are so obnoxious, and some straight people are. Just a few weeks ago, a man and a woman(both probably drunk and both cheating on a spouse or significant other) were arrested after having sex in a public restroom at a college football game in Minnesota.

I live in Chicago! It has seedy areas and not so seedy areas. Sex in public, however, is not confined to only seedy areas. One of the most glitzy looking (and prosperous) parts of Chicago is Rush street, but you will find public sex going on in the alleys if you’re walking through them.

There are many reasons to avoid alleys in my neck of the woods. 1 is, crooks, it’s a lot easier to rob people when there aren’t other people walking around and alleys tend to be isolated spots. 2. people having sex. Some are professional sex-working ladies and gentlemen, some drunk, some young and stupid, etc. 3. drunken fools who may vomit on you (this is quite a high risk in the Rush street area). 4. Rats. The garbage in my city is kept in dumpsters in the alleys. These attract rats. 5. People (mainly gents, here) relieving themselves. 6. the smell of urine, vomit and other assorted nasty odors.

Alright. But wont somebody please think of the children?!!

You mean when did the Bobbies become boobies?
…But, ofcourse, that is negated by the actual events:

Thank you for the claridfication; I didn’t catch the distinction.

Let us not forget the couple a few years ago because of a radio stunt having sex in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York. I don’t have a problem with sex outdoors in the middle of the day, but, make sure it’s either on your property or an isolated place. CHILDREN do not need to have the potential to be exposed to this.

Its typical of police everywhere.
this week I received an infringement notice for being 4 kms over the speed limit yet on a Friday nd saturday night the “hoons” and their driving (racing) up and down our street, and their doing wheelies (figure 8s) during all times of night passes by. We have called police but we are told "we are too busy"
If at any stage there is an accident where these hoons are carrying out their activities (past my home) I will go to the media with the times and dates I have called the police and they didint come.
GraceAngel.

Yep, and they were cheered on by a drunken crowd which gathered in the restroom to watch. At least until the police arrived. But the cops merely cited the couple for indecent conduct and released them.

But I agree with the general sentiment that public sex should be discouraged. Getting the police involved is probably a necessary disincentive.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.