Mother Angelica, Protestants, and Protestantism

Can someone here on CAF tell me what Mother Angelica has had to say about Protestants and Protestantism?

I don’t know, but this protestant could sit and watch her talk for hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

the one thing I remember her making a lot of friendly jokes about how well the Baptists knew the scriptures, and goading her audience to catch up.

[quote=Kliska] I don’t know, but this protestant could sit and watch her talk for hours.

the one thing I remember her making a lot of friendly jokes about how well the Baptists knew the scriptures, and goading her audience to catch up.
[/quote]

yes, she tells it as it is…pull no punches.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

i used to listen to her a lot on the radio, she once said she didn’t think it mattered
whether you were a catholic or a protestant. i didn’t get the impression she was against
protestants.:slight_smile:

My mother used to say that Mother Angelica never said anything that she hadn’t heard before.

I don’t like everything about EWTN or Mother Angelica or Fr. Mitch Pacwa. I don’t remember that Mother Angelica said much of anything at all about protestants directly, but she said a lot indirectly, in her defense of the Catholic faith. There wasn’t much about the Catholic faith (and I mean “nothing”) that Mother Angelica complained about. She ranted about Purgatory all the time. Nothing could be more non-protestant, perhaps even anti-protestant, than her strong defense of Purgatory. Catholics, Jews, and Muslims believe,
in their own way, in something like Purgatory. Muslims believe that, eventually, everybody goes to heaven.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.