She will comfort your suffering soul and increase your faith in God's Love and Mercy
Actually, when I made a general confession ( of my whole life), I came with 10.000 sins, repeatedly. I'm not kidding. The pastor listened for around 30 minutes of my confession
it is actually 5 front and back A4 pages.
I was really embarrased.
But the next time, I do not do that again. When I make confession, I just roll over the 10 commandments, the 7 deadly sins, and the two great commandments.
So, next time you go to confession, just say that.
Father, I have sinned.
I haven't love God with all my heart, soul, and mind
I haven't love my neighbor as myself
I have sins of pride, avarice, lust, gluttony,sloth, anger, envy
then, proceed with the ten commandments
- I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the LORD'S Day.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbor's goods
It saves a LOT of time:) and nothing is missing.
Actually, by the two great commandments themselve (love of God, and love of neighbor) you already covers all. So, practically, you haven't missed anything.
That is my method of weekly confession.
May the merciful Jesus bless you, and take away all your fears, and change it into faith, hope, and love. Jesus loves you.
Say the divine mercy chaplet:
It will gives you trust
I love you. God loves you more