Mother diagnosed today with having had a mild cerebral stroke

My mother went to her doctor today to get the results for the tests she had done to help pinpoint why she was feeling a constant numbness in the back of her head and overall fatigue. The doctor dropped the bomb on her that she had had a mild cerebral stroke and a narrowing of the carotid artery (supplies blood to the head and neck). He has prescribed a blood thinner for her called Plavix and a series of therapies.

I am so worried for her and am doing my best to do research concerning cerebral strokes and stay strong. This is very hard for me to see how this is affecting her since she has always been my rock.

I don’t want to think of the worst but right now with my career up in smoke, being unemployed and being in a severe depression I pray that God will help me to be strong for her. I am an only child and have no one else that I can rely upon.

Please pray for my mother. Thank you and God bless

I will be praying for you and your mother.

May God be with you at this stressful time, and I will pray.

Praying for your mother and for you…

Praying for you and your Mother.

My prayers are with your mother and also with you.

I’m so sorry that you are facing such a sad worry when you already have so many difficulties. I ask the Lord to comfort your poor heart in seeing your mother stricken in this way. I ask the Lord to help you be ‘a rock’ for your mother as she has been for you.

I ask the the Lord please give new hope and meaning to your life.

God bless you and your mother.
With love, Trishie

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all for your prayers. I can’t tell you how comforting it is to know that here at CAF there are such caring members who will take the time to pray for those undergoing a life crisis.

God bless.

You just reminded me - I have to take my aspirin! Both my husband and I have had these TIAs and a lot of people also. We eat healthy foods - no fast foods.

My husband was able to bring down cholesterol with raw potatoe juice. It was radical. Now he juices each morning and adds ginger, spinach and beetroot - sometimes corrots also.

Just be careful and you will be fine.
:slight_smile:

I had to come back to tell you about our experience so that you will understand that although this is worrying it is not the end of the world.

First my husband - he was talking to me one day and couldn’t finish his sentence.

I was looking at the newspaper and saw the date and said out loud “We are not in 2008” My husband took me to a nurse at the local Pharmacy and I couldn’t remember my mobile number! A few days later I felt numb down the one side of my body, mainly the face, and had pins and needles on the side of my tongue.

So now I take my aspirin (1/4 each day) and I am fine. My husband is 100%.

So, pray and do not worry and take a look at the diet. I know you Americans eat a lot of fried foods. We grill and steam and bake too sometimes.

All will be well.

The Doctor has confirmed that this is a mild stroke.

Thank you so much for your advice. My mother already starting taking aspirin along with the blood thinner that her doctor prescribed for her. She is even trying to make me take aspirin but it is just too hard for my stomach due to my Gastritis.

As for American food…well, we eat at home for the most part and hardly ever eat out. And what we do cook at home is Caribbean food not American :wink:

Thanks again and your helping me to see this isn’t the end of the world means alot to me.

God bless.

I was puzzled when you said aspirin and a blood thinner. Aspirin is a blood thinner and to take both could be a problem. If one’s blood is too thin it is not good. I once had a boss who came into my office and he had a big spot in his eye next to his pupil. I took him to the Doctor who immediately presceibed vitimin K to thicken the blood a little. You can’t overdo it.

The raw potato juice is a good one for lowering cholesterol - if she doesn’t like the taste you can add an apple and some ginger - whatever. You might like to google “raw potato juice” and see the info.

Cheers
Cinette

Praying for you and your mother.

Hi Paz , count on my prayers , too , may Lord grant your mother recovery after the stroke , that her life will be saved through blood thinner medication and no other vascular accidents shall happen again . I’ll pray for you as well , may Lord give you strenght and inner peace , that you’ll have the good opportunity to start working again , that you’ll be healed from depression .
God bless and keep you and your mother ! In Jesus healing Holy Name , Amen

I read about a medicine called Heparine , ask for advice to your mother currant doctor for this medicine , maybe is helping through .

Se tivar Paz Fe e Amor quando reza, entao as suas oracoes vao ter efeito!!!

Paz Fe e Amor!
Beijinhos
Cinette

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.