Mother-in law's death

My friends may I ask your prayers for my mother-in-law Enid who has unexpectedly died today? Please may I also ask prayers for the family.
Thank you. God bless you all.
Trishie

LORD Jesus
Have mercy on ur daughter

grant, dear lord, healing for the family and acceptance of your will and the beautiful life that awaits all of us in your presence. amen

Praying for Enid.

Eternal rest grant unto her Lord. May your perpetual light shine upon her. Merciful Jesus, grant her your eternal rest, happiness and peace. Amen.

May she rest in peace and God comfort her family!

Praying for her sould and for her family

Praying! :signofcross: :gopray2:

My dear friend my heart goes out to you and your family…

Lord Father hold your daughter today in your loving arms and give this family peace.

Amen

Taken from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

God the compassionate Father anointed his Son with the Holy Spirit and sent him to bring good news to the poor. Let us ask him, then:

• God of compassion, take pity on us.

Compassionate and ever-living God, you want all men to be saved and come to knowledge of your truth. We thank you for having given this world your only-begotten Son:

You sent your Son to bring the good news to the poor, to announce freedom for captives and proclaim the time of grace:
grant to mankind the gifts of liberty and peace.
You guided the wise men of the Gentiles to see your Son and worship him:
accept the worship of our faithful prayer.
After them, you call all men out of the shadows and into your light, so that at the name of Jesus every knee may bend:
send us out into the world as witnesses of your Gospel.
You made Christ, born in Bethlehem, a light to enlighten the gentiles:
let the light of your face shine on our departed brethren.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Praying.:gopray:

Trishie my heart and prayers are going out to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear that!
Dear Lord
please grant Trishie’s mother-in-law eternal rest and we humbly ask that you welcome her into your heavenly kingdom. We know that her death was not a surprise to you. Please comfort Trishie and her family with your loving embrace in their time of grief.
Amen

Trishie,

I’m sorry to hear of your loss…

My prayers are with you and your family at this time of need.

Thank you, each of you, for your loving prayers for Mum. I am so grateful, as it was to my sisters and brothers here I turned for prayer for this lovely woman. She was so good and kind, but her own four children don’t belong to any Christian religion and some don’t believe in God, though they are warm and generous, …her funeral will be entirely secular … so she needed us. Thank you dear friends.

is there any way you can tell us when the funeral will be? I’m only asking because I would like to offer prayers the day of the service maybe other CAF members can join me in prayer and we can form a prayer chain so that the service doesn’t have to be entirely secular!
:wink: :signofcross: :crossrc: :gopray2:

Thank you, Aydan. This is so generous of you. Mum’s funeral will be on Saturday morning in Australia on our side of the international time-line, which is actually your Friday.
Aydan, for such kindness, and for each who has prayed and will pray for Mum and her family, I ask Jesus to give a special blessing, and I’ll pray for you at Mass in the morning.
I’m moved by your generous kindness. Trishie

thank you I will be sending special prayers your way on Friday. In the meantime I will keep you and your family and of course your mother in my prayers.
Peace
Aydan

Trishie,
So sorry for your loss…I pray your mother-in-law is safely in Gods loving arms for eternity…May all the family have peace in knowing this…In Jesus Name I pray…Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie…the more we pray, the more she goes into the light…

I’m sorry to hear this. Sending you and your family my condolences. I will say a prayer for her repose.

Eternal rest grant unto Enid, O Lord. And may Your perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen

Holding her and all her family up in prayer. Prayer the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for her.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.