Mother Mary. Why would take your eyes off Jesus and focus on her?

Hello everyone, My name is Alex. I am here to debate on why Mother mary is so special. I cannot find a live chat to speak to Catholics anywhere on the internet. I am Christian. To throw these things out here: Yes, mother Mary conceived Jesus our lord savior for 9 months and during this she was made clean. Yes respect, but why so much? When you ask for forgiveness from Jesus, your slate is completely wiped clean

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

I see you devote an entire month for such Mary. But Mary committed sin in her life. Yes, during the time she was conceived she was made clean, but you and I are cleaned when you ask forgiveness from Jesus. She is the same as one of us, Sin is sin regardless (James 2:10). So why not devote an entire month for John the baptist? He was an outstanding obedient person, even a cousin of Jesus. Yet of course he sinned as well.

Mary had no part in the presence of Jesus. She is not Jesus’s true mother. (Luke 8:21) He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” I feel how you focus so much on Mary is such a distraction off the entire picture, that should be focused on Jesus. For our time is short, why waste any of it on mother Mary?

We do not focus on Mary… rather, she leads us into deeper communion, understanding, and love for Christ.

How is a passed away sinner leading you into deeper understanding of Christ? She is equal to you and I. Please do not take me as being hostile as I am just trying to understand.

What makes you say Mary is a sinner? and primarily, by example… her “yes” to God is one that every Christian, regardless of denomination, can follow.

Can you give an example of three things she did incorrectly?

Mary was a human right? Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"
For you say she was made clean when she conceived Jesus, but as I stated before all our slates our wiped clean when we are forgiven.

First, to be claimed as a sinner, one would have to commit only one sin. Next, the Bible doesn’t share of her sin but that doesn’t mean shes sinless…
Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

But, doesent luke 1:42 say Mary is more blessed than all women? wouldnt that delineate a greater state of sanctity and holiness?

Sure, but again, she isn’t perfect. But as I stated, no human being ever was. Why not focus on John the baptist? Why not focus on Noah? Both were great significant people but of course they sinned as well, just as Mary had.

1 Tim. 2:12 Men are not greater but have superiority over women. Therefore, why not focus on a man?

Where in the bible does it say Mary sinned?

and as Catholics, we hold Mary above all the saints and prophets because she and she alone uniquely said yes to God in a way that enabled the salvation of the hmuman race.

What man had a role even close to Mary’s in the drama of salvation?

You’re completely ignoring my point. Mary was a human, therefore she sinned. Otherwise you’re completely ignoring Romans 3:23. For John 21:25… there was so much the Bible didn’t record.
Ephesians 5:15-17 "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."
So, therefore for a religion to take their eyes off a second from Jesus and use their attention on a sinner is therefore a foolish use of their time.

Don’t you realize that Jesus was using a figure of speech? Did "those who hear God’s word "give physical birth to him?

How did mary not follow the word of God? If anything, Catholics hold mary as an example in the faith BECAUSE she followed the word of God, by saying yes to the angel Gabriel.

So you’re saying just because a statue made by man of her was made and that declares her holy?

If “all have sinned” means absolutely everybody, then Jesus has sinned, God the Father has sinned, and God the Holy Spirit has sinned too.

Babies haven’t sinned yet. Are they part of “all”?

Aborted babies have never gotten the chance to sin. Are they part of “all”?

So clearly, Paul didn’t mean to include God or newborn babies or aborted unborn babies in his “all.”

Look at the context. We are not meant to understand that as including absolutely “all,” but rather as a general “all you people reading this letter.” Specifically, Paul is talking to “All you Jews hearing this letter, and all you Greeks and Gentiles hearing this letter – you’ve all sinned, so don’t be giving yourself airs for being Jewish and special, or being Greek and not having done the stuff in Jewish history.”

Obviously, this message would not be relevant to God, or babies, or unborn aborted babies. (And it wouldn’t be relevant to Mary, because she was doing her job all her life and not sinning.)

@Jesusislord
Anything…?

Why would Jesus choose to be born to a sinner? God hates sin, because sin, by its nature, separates us from God.

The whole point of preserving Mary from original sin is to make her worthy to perform her role.

What was her role? Are you saying that she’s just an incubator, to be discarded once the nine months are up? Why not have Jesus spring fully-formed from someone’s forehead, if that’s the case?

What was Jesus’ first public miracle? The Miracle at Cana, right?

Who requested that miracle to occur? His mother. “They have no wine.”

What did he say? “My time has not yet come.” So someone who can heal the lame, cure the blind, raise the dead, and cast out demons had other things in mind for himself, right?

And what did she say? “Do whatever he tells you.”

And that’s exactly what she does: she doesn’t argue with him, or ask him to change his mind, or pester him… she just tells those around him to do exactly what we all need to do: do whatever he tells us.

And what did he do? He ended up doing what she wanted him to do.

Because she asked him to.

If he loved and respected her that much— why shouldn’t we?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.