Mother of Mercy...

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The “Year of Mercy” proclaimed by Pope Francis comes to an end this Sunday. During this year, I’ve been re-reading the Diary of St. Faustina – “Divine Mercy in my Soul” and I’ve been blessed to read not only words of Jesus to St. Faustina, but also words from Mary. In her Diary entry numbered 1711 St. Faustina wrote:

When I was left alone with the Blessed Virgin, she instructed me concerning the spiritual life. She said: “The soul’s true greatness is in loving God and in humbling oneself in His presence, completely forgetting oneself and believing oneself to be nothing because the Lord is great, but He is well-pleased with the humble; He always opposes the proud.”

Mary is “Mother of Mercy” because she is the “Mother of God” receiving from Him that fullness of Grace which He has given her. Jesus has given Mary to us to be our Mother, when He spoke from His Cross: “Behold your Mother”. Let us gaze on her, and with her, let us gaze on Jesus Crucified. Let us learn from Mother and Son by the power of the Holy Spirit, to be Merciful as our Heavenly Father is Merciful. Let learn as Mary did from Jesus to be Meek and Humble of Heart.

Come Holy Spirit, kindle in us the Fire of your Love, burn away our pride and make us docile to You.
Mary, Mother of God and our Mother, intercede for us.
Jesus, we trust in You!

Beautiful, thank you for writing this.

Dear Katherine,

It is a joy to share the gifts God gives to the saints for all of us – especially when they mention Our Blessed Mother! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.