Mother of the Word Incarnate

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The closer we come to celebrating the Birth of Jesus on Christmas, the more I am touched by God’s Humility in becoming so small and dependent on a human Mother, whom He created. The humility of Mary reflects His, but it is He Who shines on her face. What an incredible Mystery that the Word became flesh and dwelt first in Mary’s womb and then among us!

Perhaps the only true response to the Incarnation is the silence of awe.

Mary, Mother of the Incarnate Word, pray for us.

Our Mother always helps me. If you are in trouble, turn to her for unfailing help.

It is a mystery. She had God, the Eternal and Infinite God, the One who gave life and love to ALL that ever has had or ever will have Life and Love, IN HER WOMB. Imagine God kicking her in her womb and her laughing. That’s who helps us when we turn to her!

I always forget St Joseph though, who was with our Lord from conception.

How much our Mother loves us! Our Lord gave her to us as Mother when He was on the Cross paying for our sins. When her Heart was pierced with a sword. We should always turn to her for help!

I got in a lot of trouble yesterday after being tricked by the Devil, and it lead to trouble today. She got me out of trouble both times I turned to her and let me know it was her one of the times. I can’t say the specifics because of the forum rules against private revelation, but if the Devil ever tricks you - turn to our Mother. She has compassion.

I love you JMJ

Dear MiserableSinner,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Mary and Joseph were both given immense graces to be so close to Jesus. Both were humble and God tells us in His Word that He resists the proud.

Jesus from His Cross told us: “Behold your Mother”. Turning to Mary is very important if we are to be true followers of Christ. Pondering her both at His Crib and at His Cross we find in her all that we are called to be.

From the Memorare prayer:
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.

Dear CyrilSebastian,

Thanks so much for remembering those words from the Memorare prayer. How perfect! How intensely we need to pray to Our Mother of Mercy in this Year of Mercy! She hears and answers our prayers because of her intimate union with the All-Powerful Incarnate Word, Whom she held within her womb and gave birth to, for our sakes.

For anyone unfamiliar with the entire Memorare Prayer, here are those words in context:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence,I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. (Underlining mine)

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.